Bills Coach Chan Gailey Likes The Problems A 3-4 Defense Creates

Discussion in 'Buffalo Bills' started by SRW, Feb 13, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bills head coach Chan Gailey said he likes the 3-4 defensive alignment because of the problems it gives opposing offenses. "There's two things involved here. One, 3-4 personnel allows you, when you start there, to create more problems for the offense. That's the No. 1 thing. You are creating more problems. I know the problems it gives us offensively to have to prepare for that. You get to some nickel situations, and now it's back to 4-2 with the nickel guy in there. Now you've got to prepare for that," Gailey said.

Source: Buffalo News

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Pipe up Bills fans.

How do you feel about this?

3. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

If I was a Bills fan, I wouldn't like it. I'm a sucker for appearances, and the 3-4 looks ugly.

4. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

4 of the top 5 defense's in the NFL were 3-4's, including the top 3...... and 6 of the top 10

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Didn't say it wasn't effective. I said it was ugly. Reading is good, yes?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

And by top defenses you mean what? YPG, YPP, or just your opinion?

6. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

I don't mind the switch,we need to get a NT though. Maybe this is what Maybin needs to be a productive part of the team, we need more depth at the LB position. Hopefully now our offense won't struggle as much with the 3-4 like it has for quite few yrs now with seeing it in practice everyday.