Brandon Marshall's Future In Denver Still Undecided

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Feb 27, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Denver coach Josh McDaniels was asked repeatedly about receiver Brandon Marshall at the Scouting Combine but he didn't say anything that hinted at a conclusion to Marshall's fate. "That's a process that will play itself out here," McDaniels said. "Don't have anything to report as far as contract or status." Marshal is at the end of his contract, and would have been an unrestricted free agent, but now with the salary cap expected to be removed, he would become restricted which leaves Denver with a decision to make and opens the likelihood the Broncos would receive compensation from whomever would sign him if in fact he doesn't re-sign in Denver. For now, Marshall is in Denver, and McDaniels left open all possibilities, including a return. "He's a very good football player," McDaniels said. "There's no question about it, and he had a great season this year in terms of his production. Pro Bowl year. He did have a great year, and I think any time you're dealing with players and contracts, you weigh a lot of things. Certainly, the fact that we did it already once certainly makes you believe that you can do it again and again. I've said before, and I'll say it again, I'm really fond of him. He's a good person and certainly played a huge role on the team. There's a lot of things that go into that, and we're certainly not at any where we've made a decision on exactly what's going to happen."

Source: The News Tribune

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

At the end of the day, after years of whining, headline-hogging, and woman-beating, he'll end up finishing his contract and leaving in free agency.

3. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

If he was a Ravens receiver and he had the same numbers that he's had in Denver this ^ would be worded differently.