Bears Sign RB Chester Taylor To A Four-Year, $12.5M Deal

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Running Back Chester Taylor has agreed to terms on a four-year contract worth $12.5 million with the Bears, according to a league source. Taylor will be guaranteed $7 million. The numbers are surprising since Taylor will turn 31 in September but Taylor only started one full season, gaining 1,216 rushing yards, before Adrian Peterson took over as the Minnesota Vikings No. 1 tailback.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2010
  2. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

I guess i was pretty much dead on with the money he's getting.

3. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Awesome!!! happy

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

See ya Kevin Jones!

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I know Chicago is happy but i think he coulda went elsewhere and got more carries, but money talks

6. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Good for Chester. Takes some pressure off Forte.

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This sucks.

:grumpy:

8. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

What a back asswards way of dealing with a terrible OL, & no receivers. Should have kept Thomas Jones way back when, shored up the line & got some vet WR(s) instead of using & abusing Forte & basically blaming him for no run game by bringing in Taylor for a boat load of money.

9. Skeeve

Skeeve 1st Stringer

It's too late to worry about past mistakes like letting Thomas Jones go, we should just be glad the management are not going to be passive and after keeping Lovie are going to give him backing in free agency.

Here's hoping we can get a free safety and olineman from free agency too.

10. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Who's worrying about the past?

It's more about the pattern of Bear behavior in not having a solid plan in place. Last year's woes were specifically with the piss poor OL & a complete lack of a WR experience that impacted the run game. Another RB is not the solution.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Very strange signing...

12. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

I think it is a very solid signing. The Vikings are going to miss him...he is a great 3rd down/backup running back in the NFL.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Running Back is the least of the Bears' worries...OL and WR are still MAJOR issues.

14. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

As long as my Bears don't go after Fartve this is all good with me. :icon_cheesygrin: