Rams One Step Closer To Drafting QB Sam Bradford?

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by SRW, Mar 7, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The money St. Louis paid to free agent quarterback A.J. Feeley -- a reported $6 million over two years -- suggests he'll be the No. 2 quarterback for the Rams in 2010. The Rams still have Marc Bulger, but there's no way the teampays his $8.5 million salary so bringing him back appears unlikely. Drafting Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford first overall would cast Feeley in the mentor's role, a logical move because Feeley has experience in the Rams' offense from his days in Philadelphia.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Rams passed up a QB the last two years in the draft. I say no way they pass up a QB with the 1st overall pick this year.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Please pass Bradford, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

4. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

Why is that?

5. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Because Bradford is an inferior talent as opposed to Clausen. Plus Bradford is coming off of major shoulder surgery and hasn't taken any snaps from under center and can't read defenses.

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

He can read defenses. Oklahoma's is not a scheme like Florida's. He does, however, have questionable arm strength. Above average at best.

Clausen is still the far superior prospect.

7. alwaysabear

alwaysabear Rookie

If they take a QB it has to be Clausen, he has played in a pro style offence, Bradford will need time to adjust and I am not sure he has the talent for the number one pick. Saying that I am not sure any QB in this draft is worthy of number one.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

1. Noodle Arm
    2. Dodgy Shoulder
    3. Shotgun Spread Offense
    4. Big 12 D's

Four reasons why I hope he don't go for this. Clausen for me is the perfect guy in the situation we are in at the moment and down the road.

9. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I would try to trade down to someone wanting one of the DTs. Then I would pick Clausen. Shoulder injuries are scary for a QB but hey, didn't Brees have a pretty serious one?

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

First off, paying a DT #1 money is insane. Second, who would trade up to get Suh or McCoy when the Rams are most likely to draft a QB anyway. Third, Brees had the shoulder injury, but he was already an established QB that wasn't paid #1 money like Bradford would.

11. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

clausen>bradford and its not even close....they draft bradford #1 its setting them back another 5 years i would legitimately LOL. they would be just as set back as SF when they drafted smith

bradford=smith

try to find a better comparison

12. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

^ Paying any player #1 money is insane. So would you rather pay supposedly the best DT to come out in more than 10 years that money or one of the two quarterbacks that aren't all that impressive?

13. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would rather pay a QB because a DT doesn't impact a game like a QB or a DE/OLB or a LT.

14. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

One of the two Quarterbacks.

15. K Train

i honestly wouldnt take bradford with a 3rd round pick i think hes going to be that terrible that its such a waste to invest anything in him at all. i like clausen alot, but id pay suh over bradford any day

16. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Not just any QB, two QBs with questionable talent. I'll take Suh all day at #1 over either of those guys. With a gun to my head I'd take Clausen over Bradford...especially if I'm a norther, outdoor team. Obviously, team scouts see more than we do but I would never take a question mark, no matter the position, over a sure thing.

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I agree completely K. But I was answering his question and My pick would be Clausen over Suh every single time.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

What's questionable about Clausen's talent?

18. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Suh isn't a sure thing. Robert Gallery, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams, Johnathan Sullivan were sure things.

19. K Train

yea me too, clausen might not have the value there as BPA but when it comes to the top 3-5 picks theres little drop off in talent, clausen fills a bigger need for the rams than suh does. if im the rams im taking clausen

then lions-suh, bucs-mccoy (even though hes half the player suh is and doesnt deserve a top 5 pick...i swear its a coinidence him and bradford go to oklahoma haha)

20. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Lions-Okung. Corey Williams. Big contract. Too much money invested on D-Line.