Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon To Workout For The Falcons On Wednesday

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by BigBlueBruiser, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon has been scheduled for a private workout Wednesday with the Atlanta Falcons on campus. Weatherspoon met with Falcons owner Arthur Blank, general manager Tom Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith at the NFL scouting combine. Weatherspoon ran the 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds at his campus Pro Day workout out, also bench pressing 225 pounds 35 times and last season, he recorded 104 tackles, 14 1/2 for losses and 4 1/2 sacks.

Source: National Football Post

2. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Would be a good fit..

3. I'm becoming a huge fan of Weatherspoon as of late. I already knew he was a great player. But the more I watch him and looking at his measurables, I'm convinced he can handle the transition to Middle Linebacker in the 4-3. He just has to prove that he can shed and take on blockers.

But with 34 bench reps at the combine and 35 at his Pro Day, I don't believe that will be much of a problem. He brings leadership and intensity and he would make an excellent addition to the Giants defense.

He has the tools to become a great linebacker in the NFL. He is fast, quick, explosive, strong and productive. He is also a team leader and has a great personality. He gets the other guys on defense pumped up and ready to go. At 6-1, 240, he could add another five pounds and not lose any speed or quickness.

I'm not quite off the Brandon Spikes bandwagon, but his stock has been dropping as of late and taking him at #15 might be a stretch at this point. I'm still hoping that he'll run in the high 4.6, low 4.7 range at his Pro Day but there are rumors that he might be a 4.9 guy, which would drop him out of the First Round indefinitely.

Weatherspoon has been killin' it the last couple months and could cement himself as a Top 20 lock.

4. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

I want him so much
    HE wont be a MLB for us with Lofton, but we need an WLB who can cover guys.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

I'd love to get him too.

6. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

Hope he's still there when we pick.