GIF-Wide Mock Draft Picks

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by Lord_Joe, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Please don't discuss the picks here. Do that in the other thread (here: http://gridironfans.com/forums/nfl-draft-discussion/126101-gif-wide-mock-draft.html)

St Louis Rams are on the clock. Once andy82 has picked, Weezy will have 6 hours to make the Lions' selection.

St. Louis (1-15) - andy82 - Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
    Detroit (2-14) - Weezy - Ndamukong Suh, DT. Nebraska
    Tampa Bay (3-13) - AxionJaxson - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    Washington (4-12) - PSID412USM - Picked by Lord_Joe - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
    Kansas City (4-12) - pctrips - Eric Berry, FS/SS, Tennessee
    Seattle (5-11) - Lord_Joe - Joe Haden, CB, Florida
    Cleveland (5-11) - cpgobrowns - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
    Oakland (5-11) - deseanjax - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
    Buffalo (6-10) - CP26
    Jacksonville (7-9) - ravenfan52
    Denver - from Chicago (7-9) - M1LEHIGH
    Miami (7-9) - mj1987us26
    San Francisco (8-8) - Sl1m3y
    Seattle - from Denver (8-8) - Lord_Joe
    New York Giants (8-8) - BigBlueBruiser
    Tennessee (8-8) - SteveRobWhatever
    San Francisco - from Carolina (8-8) - Sl1m3y
    Pittsburgh (9-7) - K Train
    Atlanta (9-7) - falcon_91
    Houston (9-7) - DontKnowMe
    Cincinnati* (10-6) - Lord_Joe
    New England* (10-6) - Paintballer8791
    Green Bay* (11-5) - AxionJaxson
    Philadelphia* (11-5) - deseanjax
    Baltimore* (9-7) - CStevenson13
    Arizona* (10-6) - P16
    Dallas* (11-5) - Omen
    San Diego* (13-3) - ArnyVee
    New York Jets* (9-7) - JihadJoe
    Minnesota* (12-4)
    Indianapolis* (14-2)
    New Orleans* (13-3) - ArnyVee

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

With the first selection of the Gridiron Fans 2010 NFL Mock Draft, the St. Louis Rams select:

[​IMG]

Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen

For me, there are only really four players that can be taken here (Clausen, Suh, McCoy, Berry). Safety and 4-3 DT, for me, are not worthy of burning the first overall on regardless of their talent, which leaves Clausen & Bradford. In my opinion, there's no doubt who the better player and prospect is for a large number of reasons, and although Jimmy couldn't get the awful Fighting Irish going and has well known personality flaws, he has played in an NFL system for three years and succeeded in it, despite the lack of talent around him. A QB who can perform exceptionally in a terrible situation is far more valuable than one who has been spoiled with All-American talent in every position around him.

3. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

With the 2nd Selection in the 2010 GIF draft the Detroit Lions select DT out of Nebraska, Ndamukong Suh

[​IMG]

"House of Spears" will add a face to the defense we are trying to create as well as making it one of the better units in the league. He is highly athletic which will allow him to play multiple roles. As well as his instincts and explosiveness will allow him to penetrate the pocket and kill the QB heavy NFC North. Along with being a face he will provide leadership to a defense that has Delmes and then a bunch of quite players.

He has the ablility to disengages from linemen to make tackles and is powerful enough to collapse a pocket on his own. He is a little small for a DT at only 6-4/305 but he can add at least 25 lbs and still have his speed. By all reports he enjoys living in the weight room and has a good work ethic so no chance he just becomes a fat butt after he gets paid.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

With the 3rd pick of the 2010 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccanneers select

Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
    [​IMG]

It's the obvious consensus pick with Suh off the board and doesn't really need explanation, but I did strongly consider Okung. They have a young "franchise" qb that has a long way to go in his development and he could use a franchise LT to keep him clean. I don't think Donald Penn is the answer there. I think if it goes down like this there's going to be some serious trade interest as well if someone wants to swoop Okung from Washington badly enough or is highly enamored with Berry or McCoy.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

LJ, you should list the 1st round and what participant goes to what team in the first post so we know who to PM without having to go back to the other thread.

5. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

With the 4th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select
    [​IMG]

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State

With Donovan McNabb in Washington, drafting Jimmy Clausen is not a good idea. Mike Shanahan is going to build his offense the way he wants it, because he already has a decent defense backing him. It starts up front, and Okung begins to solidify a porous line that couldn't open any lanes for Portis or let Jason Campbell even complete a 3-step drop in the 2009 season.

6. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

With the 5th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select:

[​IMG]

Eric Berry, FS, Tennessee

The Chiefs have spent the free agency period bolstering an offensive line that improved greatly toward the end of last year. Given the depth of offensive linemen in this draft Kansas City has the opportunity to draft a defensive playmaker in Berry. Berry will immediately have an impact on a defense that was ranked 30th overall last season.

7. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

With the 6th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Seattle Seahawks select
    [​IMG]

Joe Haden, CB, Florida

With Jimmy Clausen off the board, and Alex Gibbs on the staff, Pete Carroll looks to solidify the defense and picks the best defensive player on the board. Gibbs' influence will make Carroll confident that good, starting caliber players can be found in rounds 2-4. Joe Haden profiles as a potential shutdown cornerback - someone who can match up against any receiver. With Larry Fitzgerald/Steve Breaston/Early Doucet and Michael Crabtree in the NFC West, and an increase in the passing ideals of the entire NFL, cornerbacks are valued higher than ever before.

8. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

With the 7th pick in the 2010 draft, the Cleveland Browns select

[​IMG]

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

This was tough. I changed it several times. All the pre-draft talk surrounding the Browns has been about rebuilding the defense. With Eric Berry and Joe Haden gone, I think they have to seriously consider the holes on the other side of the ball at 7. The Mangini mantra of not drafting possible Bengals means Dez Bryant is out. Holmgren has never taken a QB this early but might make an exception if Bradford was still there. Heckert came in preaching that you build "from the lines out." As it stands, in an uncapped year the Browns won't be worried about spending LT money on what for them would be a RT and Trent Williams is someone who can lock down the other side of the line for 10+ years.
    If it were me drafting, and either QB on the board, I'm dangling it out there like a guy on chat roulette. I would love to move down to 9 (or preferably further) and reassess. I'm pretty sure Buffalo could have this pick for the 9th and a plate of wings.

9. deseanjax

deseanjax Rookie

10. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Well this thing just kind of rolled over and died, huh?

11. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

what happen with this:icon_confused: