Falcons Expected To Address Their Pass Rush In The First Round

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 8, 2010.

1. The Falcons have been very quiet since signing CB Dunta Robinson last month, but they still have needs to fill and are expected to use their first-round draft pick on a defensive end or outside linebacker. Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon was due to visit the Falcons this week and reports indicate a contingent of team representatives, including GM Thomas Dimitroff and head coach Mike Smith, will be on hand while USC DE Everson Griffen and UCLA DT Brian Price work out over the weekend. Atlanta had 28 sacks last season, which tied for 26th in the league, and the pass defense suffered because of a pass rush that didn't generate enough pressure, but while there will be some intriguing players available at other positions when it's time for the Falcons to make their first pick, Dimitroff has said he drafts based on need and doesn't subscribe to the best-player-available approach that other teams take.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Price would be a huge reach, Griffen could be there. I think Dunlap will be a bust, similar to Quinton Groves IMO. I'm a fan of Brandon Graham as well

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

everyone seems to think dunlap will bust, i doubt it...i think he will be a good player

i have them taking JPP or maybe morgan

4. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

please don't take Graham..

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

dont see the pats taking graham. i think they would take kindle or dunlap as an elephant LB before graham (who will probably be gone by then anyway)

6. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I have them taking Weatherspoon but pass rush is a huge need for them, they could get a pretty good outside backer in the 2nd

7. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

If Morgan or Graham are there we will take one of them. Other than that I think we'll try to trade down.