Dolphins Getting In The Mix For Broncos WR Brandon Marshall?

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins' started by SRW, Apr 14, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

There are notable rumblings the Miami Dolphins are in legitimate pursuit of Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall as two Miami Herald columnists, Greg Cote and Armando Salguero, independently blogged about it late Tuesday night. Cote writes that now that Marshall signed his $2.512 million tender with the Broncos today there is all sorts of speculation that the Dolphins are seriously interested if the price is no greater than a second round pick and Cote is hopeful as he has been in a long while that Marshall could actually end up in Miami before the draft and that genuine interest is there. Salguero reports that an agent that represents a player on the Denver Broncos tells him that his client told him Marshall said the Dolphins are the other team -- along with Seattle -- interested in him.

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2010
  2. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

He's definitely worth a 2nd-rounder. I would take him instead of an unproven receiver in round 2. I'm almost convinced that we are going defense in round 1. So, it would be great to have a proven receiver on the squad.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i heard it was official for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year

4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

Yup, done deal from what I read on the NFL blogs! That's great!

5. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

It was just on espn confirmed as a done deal

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

not a bad deal for the donnkeys since if i remember correctly they traded a first round pick this year to land alphonso smith

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

FREAK! Everyone in the AFC East keeps getting better. Everyone except, of course, you know who. :bills:

8. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

I'M GOING TO SAY IT AGAIN...and we gave up what for Mr. Roy Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jerry you look like a moron with each passing day and each time an elite WR gets traded!

9. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Good deal for both squads

10. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

:word:

11. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Glad to see him leaving the division! McDaniels continues his bizarre dismantling of Denver. Got rid of a Pro Bowl QB and Pro Bowl WR in their primes since he's gotten there.

12. clafover

clafover Rookie

this means that Ted Ginn Jr must be traded now???

13. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Eh, if I were them I'd hang onto Ginn to see what he can do with his speed when teams are forced to double Marshall

14. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

It doesn't matter how fast Ted Ginn is, he drops almost everything... If he can learn to take a hit and not be such a little girl all the time he could concentrate on catching the ball & possibly become better WR... only time will tell, as for Mr. Marshall welcome aboard sir I have much confidence in you to be one of the best receivers in the league!

15. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

BadaBoom, guess Marshall is happy!

Twitter / Adam Schefter: Filed to ESPN: Brandon Mar ...

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12169344712

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Shouldn't these threads be merged?

http://gridironfans.com/forums/afc-...andon-marshall-2nd-rd-2010-a.html#post1147716

16. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Nice move Phin fans.

17. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Let's take Brandon Marshall, make him the highest paid WR in the NFL and drop him in the middle of Miami. What could possibly go wrong?
    Which happens first? Arrested or Reality Show? One of the bookies needs to make odds.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That was my first thought as well. He'd be better off in Seattle.

19. bambam

bambam Rookie

Well deserved Brandon!

20. mrcomeback09

mrcomeback09 Rookie

With the right coaching staff and players on his side plus the fact that he gets a fresh new start on life with that big chunk of money... he'll make a turn around IMO:celebrate::dirty04::wave-finger: