Falcons QB Matt Ryan Confirms His Toe Is Completely Healthy

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Apr 15, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

“It’s always a little awkward when someone asks you about your toe.†Truer words were never spoken, in this case by Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan. Yet, that didn’t stop Rich Eisen from inquiring about Ryan’s toe Wednesday during an appearance on NFL Total Access. “My toe is good,†said Ryan, who missed two games and most of a third after suffering a “turf toe†injury on the first series against the Buccaneers in Week 12. “Feeling good. I feel a lot better than I did at the end of the year. I’m back to running and working out in full. I’ll be ready to go for minicamp a couple weeks after the draft.â€

Source: NFL.com

2. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Just get back to playing like you did in 08. When he gets quicker at making GOOD decisions, he'll get better.

3. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

He's fine. The blocking and the running game both slipped a bit last year. As long as the blocking picks back up, everything else should fall into place.

4. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

It only slipped because teams began to focus on it more to see what he could do, to see if he could win games by himself. He scared some teams in that department, but he did have some shaky games. He'll be fine in time, I think this will be the year that we see what he can truly do.

5. Boodro

Boodro Rookie

Hopefully we'll be healthier

I agree with that, injuries hurt the running game both the blockers and the running backs. If we can stay away from 3rd and long situations a lot of the pressure will be off Ryan.