Redskins QB Donovan McNabb "Feeling Like A Freshman In College" In Minicamp

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 18, 2010.

1. While it's a new environment and new uniform colors, with new teammates and coaches around him, the feeling is actually a slightly familiar one for Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb. "I feel like a freshman just getting into college," he said Sunday, after the final practice of the team's first minicamp. "You spend extra time studying at night so when you do come here, you can win the guys over by knowing what you're seeing and being able to get the ball to different guys." McNabb said the minicamp was important for the team but he's obviously not the only one learning a new offensive system. The team has acquired several new offensive pieces, Larry Johnson, Willie Parker, Artis Hicks, but even players returning from last season must learn the new offense, devised by Mike Shanahan and his offensive coordinator, Kyle Shanahan. "I use it as kind of a mental weekend of being able to get accustomed in the offense, surrounded with the guys and just make sure we worked a lot on chemistry and timing and communication. I think that's very important in this offense, of the success that they had in Houston," McNabb said. "Hopefully we can mirror that."

Source: Washington Post

2. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

oh crap....keep him away from big ben's party bus

1 person likes this.
  3. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I understand where he would feel like a freshmen in college. He is coming to a brand new team with new team mates and coaches

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Beware of the freshman 15.

5. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Lol Mcnabb keeps talking all this non sense, lets see him do somethin in da regular season.

6. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Haze him!

7. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I hope he does good for Washington so that the Eagles end up regretting cutting him loose. Keep Vick but not McNabb? Idiots.

8. brakos82

brakos82 30% more cats than last year!

And a college-level team. :cowboy1:

9. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Do you really think the Eagles thinking was Vick>McNabb?

10. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

ductape him to the goal post and leave him there

11. DaBears22

No of course not. Vick never should have been let back into the league and there is no guarantee that Kolb will be any good as the number 1 starter.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

[​IMG]

It cant be that big a deal. He probobly knows alot of the guys from having to play them twice a year, and he has played in a WCO his whole career.

Acclimation isnt a stumbling block for him as much as the lack of a supporting cast

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  13. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I don't think his regular season performances are to question.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Why not? He served his time. He's remorseful for what he's done, and obviously some teams (Albiet few) still wanted him.

14. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

:qft:

15. multibeast

multibeast Special Teamer

I'll admit it was hard watching Mc5 on Sportscenter in Redskins gear.

16. DaBears22

Because what he did was horrific and he personally lied to Goodell about how involved he was. I know my opinion does not matter in the wide scope of things but that's what I think.

17. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

and you're entitled to your own opinion. But there are people in other aspects of life, and in the league itself, that have deplorable pasts, if Pacman can get a second chance and he ruined somebody's LIFE (paralyzed a man from the waist down...or at least his "crew" did), I think Vick should get one too.

Overall I think we as human beings are quick to judge and demean other people for their mistakes as if we've never made one. But that's just my opinion.