Rams Willing To Trade The No. 1 Overall Pick On The Cheap?

Discussion in 'St. Louis Rams' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that there is "talk growing among league circles" that the St. Louis Rams are willing to trade out of the No. 1 overall pick for much less than the NFL's draft chart would require. The thinking is that, if the Rams stay at the No. 1 spot, they would feel compelled to draft Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, but the concern is that Bradford, who hasn't played much since 2008, will end up on the bench for most if not all of the 2010 season, while A.J. Feeley, Keith Null or another quarterback takes the snaps. Some believe that the Rams, who have won six games in three years, would prefer to select a player who can step in right away and play, and if they can acquire more draft picks or perhaps more players who can immediately contribute, it would be a bonus.

Source: Pro Football Talk

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2010
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

#7, second rounder, and Dqwell Jackson

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

This sounds like Jimmy Clausen talk. I like :icon_cheesygrin:

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

They should pick Suh...

5. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Over Bradford? Without a doubt.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The pick should be Clausen, anyone else is poor drafting. Now I wonder what it means on the cheap according to the Rams' FO. I know it says less than the "draft chart" value, but how much less.

7. koro

koro Rookie

They should pick Suh or McCoy.... Any other pick is a waste of time...

8. JASON4RMLA

JASON4RMLA Go Kings!!

Sam Bradford asking price raised a Red Flag. Trade down with a team like Oakland and... Wait a second? They're talking about just that as I speak!! (Exclusive)

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

Stop.

Draft Suh.

Resume.

10. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Suh in my opinion is far and away the most talented player in this draft. He's that rare talent that just isn't there every year. He should be the #1 pick by anyone.

11. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I always thought it would be Suh but I trust Schefter.