Eagles Discussing Moving Up Into The Top 10 In The Draft

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

ProFootballTalk.com's Michael David Smith passes along a report from Derrin Horton of NFL Network, who's currently stationed at the Eagles complex, that the Eagles have had discussions regarding a possible move-up to the fifth pick. The Eagles reportedly "covet" Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, two players who could go in the top ten. Horton also said that if the Eagles move way up, they'd do so to go after a defensive end, either Georgia Tech's Derrick Morgan or South Florida's Jason Pierre-Paul.

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

2. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I don't want Morgan or JPP. I have a bad feeling about those two. I want Berry or Thomas, otherwise stay put and take a OL/DL.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

they are eying up my man earl...pr**ks

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

To move up to #5 or #6 it would require their first and two seconds.

Steep.

5. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I like JPP a lot, but I do agree. Bad feeling about both of them.

We'd have to give up so much to get this high in the draft. Not worth it.

6. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

JPP is a guy with an upside of Kearse. Dude's strength are all intangible type things; size, athleticism, huge motor, but his weaknesses are what's scary, Extremely raw --- Questionable instincts and awareness --- Needs to get stronger --- Has not yet developed a varied repertoire of pass rush moves --- Inconsistent with use of leverage --- Not very stout at the point of attack --- Isn't a great run defender --- Has trouble getting off of blocks --- Must improve hand use --- Limited experience against top competition and the biggest one is that some think that he isn't very smart or intelligent. I would hate to get stuck with all those problems. I mean a top 10 pick and it's going to take a hellava lot of coaching to be what he can be.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

eric berry was just on mikey miss and said the eagles and his camp have been talking a ton and "he" feels the team is going to make a big push for him.

8. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Even if you trade with KC (who's willing) that might still not get you far enough. Skins are contemplating.

I agree with Mike on JPP.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

we'll see. encouraging when the player himself goes on a radio station pre-draft. now if he was on a d.c. station today too then wtf.

10. deseanjax

deseanjax Rookie

oh i hope its for berry or thomas

but i dont think berry will be there at 5

earl thomas is also a great player

11. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

There have been a lot of rumors about the Eagles trying to get to #4 but I don't think we want to move that far down unless the offer is too good to turn down.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

Word is that they are dying to get KTrain's man more so than Berry...my source told me so...