Raiders Select LB Rolando McClain (1st Rd, No.8)

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 8th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Oakland Raiders select Alabama LB Rolando McClain. McClain is the most sure-thing as a middle linebacker prospect in the draft since Patrick Willis. He's a prototypical combination of size, athleticism and intelligence. Playing on the inside, McClain doesn't wait for the ball carrier to come at him, he attacks.

Source: MockingTheDraft.com

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Screw you Raiders, heck you.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

There was me thinking LB was one of their strengths lol. This is as close as a normal pick as Mad Al will get.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

this is a freaking awesome pick in my eyes first in years

1 person likes this.
  5. Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey Rookie

McClain himself will not hurt any team, including the Raiders. He is a solid pick. It's the positions neglected that makes me question it. Poor fella...

6. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Al hates Morrison lol.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Oh, and can someone please delete JASON4RMLA's account now that Haden was off the board and we didn't pick Tebow?

1 person likes this.
  7. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Please do delete that fool.

I like this pick. It's normal. Guess what? I like normal. Normal picks are normal.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Do the Raiders run a 3-4 or a 4-3?

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

mmm both...more 43.

10. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Then I guess the pick isn't that bad. Other needs should have been addressed. But knowing the Raiders, they will misuse McClain and have him playing out of position.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yeah, we definitely could have gone in more of a direction of need but it's the first pick in a long time that didn't leave me with my jaw on the floor thinking that someone was playing a very elaborate and unfunny joke on me, so I'm ok with it. :icon_cheesygrin:

12. RaiderTilliDIE

RaiderTilliDIE Raider Nation

a pick tht makes sense, did Al forget tha draft was today? probly forgot to take his pills...:icon_cheesygrin:

13. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

awesome pick finally a backer that will actually make plays