Falcons Select LB Sean Weatherspoon (1st Rd, No. 19)

Discussion in 'Atlanta Falcons' started by SRW, Apr 22, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

With the 19th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select Missouri LB Sean Weatherspoon. Weatherspoon is an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism for the position and a tough hard-nosed linebacker that plays with a great motor. He is a solid tackler but not a thumper in this area and he runs well and shows good range in pursuit as well as in coverage. Weatherspoon is an intelligent linebacker that possesses great intangibles that along with physical attributes which should make him a productive player as a rookie.

Source: NFL.com

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

They got their man. I'm bitter.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

i with you

4. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Congrats Spoon

5. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Dunno if I am happy with the pick or not. I wanted Spoon, but at the same time, was hoping we would trade down and maybe pick up some more picks (we don't have a 2nd round pick.) and maybe pick up Hughes later in the draft.

1 person likes this.
  6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

I'll take it. Really weren't going to have any of our serious needs left sitting where we were. I wish we could've made the move for Texas' Safety.

7. RonMexico7

RonMexico7 Pro Bowler

I like it. It would've been nice to move down and still do it but they were worried someone else might jump ahead of them. Not sure why we would move up for a safety when we already have two young, potentially very good ones on the roster. While I think Thomas will be a stud, the Falcons know what they have in DeCoud and Moore better than they know Thomas.