Chiefs Considered Drafting QB Jimmy Clausen 5th Overall?

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by SRW, Apr 23, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Chiefs liked Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen enough to nearly take him with the fifth overall pick on Thursday night. Instead, Kansas City took Tennessee free safety Eric Berry and Clausen remains undrafted as the NFL moves to the second round on Friday night. Adam Schefter reported Kansas City's interested on ESPN Radio Friday morning and one has to wonder if the team would be open to selecting Clausen if he is available with their 2nd round pick.

Source: RealGM.com

2. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Lord no...please don't do this to me.

3. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I don't think he'll be available.

4. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

take him trade cassell

5. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

^Right on cue. :icon_rolleyes:

6. lruddicks

lruddicks kcs redneck

if he is there we should take him if cassell improves and does whats expected then clausen can be traded our line will be better but still needs help just dont like our qb now

7. Nukleopatra

Nukleopatra International Thing.

Good post.

I was hoping a Chiefs fan would put an end to this nonsense - you certainly do not start this type of drama over a guy like Jimmy Clausen, who wouldn't even be an upgrade at the QB position.

8. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You seem to only post in Jimmy Claussen or Sam Bradford threads

I find that odd

9. Nukleopatra

I'll try to post more in the ''Rams interested in signing Ryan Leaf'' type of threads in the near future.

10. Jihad Joe

If you think Rams discussion could be more interesting, take it upon yourself to make it so.

Not trying to get on ya, you seem knowledgeable even tho I disagree about Bradford, but your interest at this point seems narrowed to the QB debate

11. Nukleopatra

You seem knowledgable, too - all but that whole Jimmy Clausen is first round talent thing.

12. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Rudrods is the only guy calling for this. So pay a little more attention before you go off calling everyone a freaking idiot.

13. Jihad Joe

I am a ND fan :icon_cool:

And watching him I alway's thought he should have went back. Talent wise this year I thought he was top 15-20 pick that probobly would have went higher due to need. Didnt go down how I thought, win some lose some. At this stage he is a flawed Pro Prospect and need to work on his overall accurasy and desion making. ND's Pro Spread took away alot of chance's for him to turn the ball over. People lable him a WCO QB, which I ever understood from watching him. Much more of a Cutler gunslinger type.

Him sliding conisiding with Quinn in 2007 is another reason why Im glad Weis is gone. NFL must not have been buying into Weis's system. I dont think its a coincidence at all both slipped. Would have been hard to recruit top QB's if there is no chance at them being a top 10 draft pick

14. It was only towards him in the first place, never said pctrips now did I? U didn't wantr this to happen so y would it be directed toward u?

15. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Please refrain from any personal attacks, if you cant, take it to fight club now.

Thanks

16. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I know what you meant when you posted, but just for future's sake, I figure it woudln't hurt to point this out. When you said, "You guys are freaking idiots.", that's kind of a generalized statement meant for a group of people. If you just said, "Rudrod, you're a freaking idiot.", then no one would get on you. Just a friendly tip!

17. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

How about nobody says anybody is a freaking idiot unless it is in fight club. Cool?

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

How about celibate idiot? That fly? :icon_cheesygrin:

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It flies like Russel would if he jumped off the Golden gate bridge. Wiseguy.

Anyway, Wise is familiar with Clausen and know what he has better than anyone else. So I won't be shocked if it happened.