Raiders Will Use Lamarr Houston At Defensive End

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Apr 24, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders second-round selection Lamarr Houston, at 6-foot-2, 305 pounds, will be played at end, and not tackle. “He’ll play defensive end in our scheme and I suspect the transition will be easy for him,†head coach Tom Cable said. “He played it the first half of his college career. It gives you a guy that gives you the right qualities, in terms of, the football player, the power, the speed, all those things. Very productive. Comes out of a program that’s used to winning, understands how to do that. He fits a need for us in the defensive front.†Cable said Houston would play end “because we’re trying to get a little more physical on the defensive front. I think that’s obvious with the first two picks. You’ll see some people moved around a little bit, and it gives us a chance to line (Houston) up at a left end and go wrestle with a tight end all day, and that’s a good thing. I think he’s going to win a lot of those battles.â€

Source: Oakland Tribune

2. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Then we still need a DT....
    especially since we are switching to a 3-4.

3. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

The Raiders D-Line is shaping up pretty nice now. No reason why he can't start right off the bat for them.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

complete waste of houstons skills making him a 5 tech

5. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

i dont think we are switching to a 3-4 or atleast that is what namdi said on nfl network