Raiders Trade LB Kirk Morrison To The Jaguars

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Apr 24, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports via Twitter that the Raiders have traded LB Kirk Morrison to the Jacksonville Jaguars as part of a deal to move up in the draft to take WR Jacoby Ford. Jaguars were trying to trade up for Penn St. LB Sean Lee so getting Morrison was a big get in trade with Oakland. Morrison's fate was sealed the moment he got an original round tender as he was not going to be retained as a reserve in the wake of the selection of Rolando McClain in the first round.

Source: Chris Mortensen, Twitter.com

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  2. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Good luck Kirk. Thanks for being a legit player and for attempting to stop the run.

3. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

Screw, we needed someone like him in KC.

4. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Eh knew this one was coming. Good luck in Jax dude.

5. bambam

bambam Rookie

Jax is getting defensive! My cuz told me Alualu was unstoppable at the senior bowl. Said he was the best player there, and not by a slim margin

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

damn i was thinking we were going to change to the 3-4 or some crap i really liked kirk so good luck to him

7. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

People are hounding Jax for the Alualu pick because they think they should have someone flashy to "save the franchise", but the only flashy picks (aside from maybe CJ Spiller) wouldn't be able to do much contribution and wouldn't help the team's atrocious defense.

Alualu can step in and help a defense that has one joke of a pass-rush, Morrison adds to a depleted LB core, and 5 of their 6 picks were defensive. Their offensive pick was a RB.

Garrard found his #1 WR in Sims-Walker, and they need a serious compliment to step up and play the role. Offense will be fine, defense gave up a lot of huge plays that negated offensive successes

8. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Dude the Raiders have been making some good decisions lately, no way that was gonna happen...:icon_lol:

9. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Good guy, solid player, couldnt get past a blocker if his life depended on it. Good Luck maybe playing behind a better D-line will help you.

10. Jammin Jaguar

Jammin Jaguar English Student.

I'm really happy with our front office for grabbing Morrison. I really like him as a player and think that for what we gave up it is a very good move. I look forward to seeing the Durant - Morrison - Smith linebacker corp next season.