Broncos See Tim Tebow Only As A Quarterback

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, Apr 25, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Some people believe Tim Tebow will be a fine H-back because of his sturdy stature and hard running style while others think he'd be a terrific special teams players because of his desire for the game. Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels doesn't envision any of those roles for Tebow, the player he traded three picks to Baltimore for and for whom he staked his reputation as a coach on. "He's a quarterback," McDaniels said Saturday afternoon. "He's a quarterback. That's all he's going to do." McDaniels reiterated again Saturday that Tebow will be competing for the job that is currently owned by Kyle Orton. "Like everybody, he will be competing for a job," McDaniels said."I don't care if a guy is a rookie. If he's earned the job, he'll play. That goes for any position. But I'll say this, he has a long way to go to get there. But he is starting the process."

Source: ESPN.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  2. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

Yeah, just let him sit for 2 seasons without getting any real mileage out of him. Stupid McDouche.

3. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Of course they see him as a Quarterback. They're stupid. Like they see Demaryius Thomas as a receiver. And twinky Quinn as a capable pass-catching tight end. And Robert Ayers as a 3-4 OLB. Stupid.

4. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

I don't kn ow if Tim Tebow will make it in the NFL as a qb or not but I will offer this up for thought or for someone to call me a fool about....
    There was this lefty that qb'd the Raiders in the 70's and early 80's....the guy had terrible looking motion was awkward sometimes and would make strange looking plays and throws and all he did was win baby win. He got the throws that he needed when he needed them, scrambled and stumbled down the field when he needed too. Made throws on the run when he needed too and won a championship ring when he needed too. Any of you old enough to remember Ken Stabler or not. Does a qb have to stand a certain height and throw exactly a certain way to get done what he needs? We all seem to have this prototypical idea of what and how an NFL qb should look and perform and I tell you what....most of the top qb's don't look or perform like our stereotypical ideas.
    When was Tom Brady drafted? Does Favre have your typical release and size? Does Roethlisberger throw better when he's moving? Manning is one of the few who fit our "mold" of a qb. Brees is too short they say......you fill in the rest.
    Hope Tebow does well just to shush up the rest of the NFL naysayers.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Good for Tebow...he's right where he wants to be...as for McDaniels, he continues to be mr. know-it-all-can't-do-wrong...in his own mind of course...

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'm on board with you Dougerrrr. :TTW:

7. russian.tank

russian.tank BruceAlmighty2010

Its going to be tough for me rooting against Tebow.

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The problem is not just his throwing motion, but he has absolutely no idea how to make NFL reads and progressions. He will work hard and if he is given enough time(most likely 3 years) he could turn into an average QB. But in the NFL today, giving a prospect 3 years to not have any real input to a team is unheard of, so that mean Tebow is going to be put in and mess up his learning process.

9. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

My biggest thing with Tebow never was his mechanics, it was the system he played in and his playing style. I'm interested to see how a "power" QB works nowadays in the NFL, closest thing I've seen to it in my lifetime is probably Steve McNair, and a little Roethlesberger

10. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

hope bronco fans are ready for the wildcat

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Dougerrr, do you really think he has a shot at being a good NFL qb or is this obligatory god squad defense?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  12. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Great for Tim Tebow. I didn't think he would of gotton picked so high. But at the end of the day it was a move by the Broncos. And we will see if it was worth it when he plays out there on the field

13. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

And Josh McDaniels as a HC.

14. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Ozzie Newsome continues to laugh in your general direction Josh.

15. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Phigles, I said I have no idea if he's going to make it or not but almost all the arguments I've heard are about his mechanics. First argument I've heard against his ability to run a pro style offense (that I can recall) was in this thread. Kid's a winner and that says something. Will he be able to translate that into NFL success?? Who knows....how many great qb's coming out of college totally flopped and how many that nobody thought would make it are HOF'ers now?
    Has nothing to do with him being Christian.....sorry. He's already made a mark that way and can make it many other ways besides being an NFL qb.

16. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i will forever root against him.

broncos needed to replace a TE in scheffler, an they got a TE in tebow. they can deny it, but then they are stupid