Eagles Re-Sign QB Kevin Kolb To A One-Year, $12.25M Extension

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 29, 2010.

1. The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have signed QB Kevin Kolb to a one-year contract extension through the 2011 season. Kolb's contract had been set to expire at the end of the 2010 campaign. "We're happy to have Kevin under contract for the next two seasons," said head coach Andy Reid. "When given the chance, Kevin has proven to have good command of this offense and we're looking forward to having him operate as the number one quarterback for the Philadelphia Eagles." Added Eagles general manager Howie Roseman, "We're excited about what we've seen from Kevin during his three seasons in Philadelphia both on and off the field. We're happy to get this contract in place for the near future and are looking forward to keeping Kevin in Philadelphia for many more years to come." Said Eagles president Joe Banner, "I'd like to thank Kevin and his agent Jeff Nalley for their work in getting this contract signed. We're very happy with Kevin and all the attributes he brings to this organization and we're pleased to sign another young, ascending player to a contract. It's something that this organization has prioritized over the last several years." ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reports that Kolb's one-year extension is worth $12.25 Million and its 100% guaranteed.

Source: PhiladelphiaEagles.com

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2010
  2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

That's a nice pay day...

3. Rich7880

Rich7880 HOLD ME!

12.25 million a little steep!

4. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

He was only due 550k next year so this is basically a tad over 6 mil a year, all guaranteed.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

thats one hell of an amount

6. SoDev

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

that is a huge bump up

8. smeags

smeags militant geek

$6mil for a starting nfl qb isnt steep.

9. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Love it. Gives us two years to evaluate the situation and determine if he indeed is our next starting QB, and he gets a big butt raise in the process.

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like the idea of extending him, I don't like how much...he's not really $6M proven...but hell, it's not my money so who cares...lol...

11. SoDev

Couldn't have him making less then Vick and be taken seriously as the starter.

12. jarhd1775

jarhd1775 Special Teamer

WoW. Going to go down as the biggest mistake in Eagles history.

13. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. GJDMQYB

GJDMQYB Guest

I can see giving him an extension but he has not proven himself to be worth 12.5 million or 6 Million a year.
    I see him being benched by game 7 or even sooner.

15. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Had to be more the Vick and 2 years duration tells you all you need to know about the Eagle's confidence in him

16. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

lots of money, only two years. he's got a shot a the job anyways. def not sold on the guy untill he plays 16 games yo

17. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Team Veteran

They had the money after trading away McNabb. Might as well have your starting QB be focused on the game and not snitching about getting paid 550k/year. I think it's a great move and if he pans out, well we'll be talking about what a great deal it is having Kolb under contract for "only" 6million. :)

18. SoDev

True story.

Like bigsexyy said, it's basically a 2 year trial run.

I agree with first part of what you are saying, but everything is great when it pans out. You can say that about anything. It actually won't be a great move if he pans out because that means they should have got him locked up longer. And no we won't be talking about only 6 mil, we'll be talking about his next contract at the end of the year and Philly will be wishing they already locked him up for longer when he was cheap, but that would be a good thing for them, really.