Saints RB Pierre Thomas Has No Clue How Talks Are Progressing

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by BigBlueBruiser, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Running Back Pierre Thomas said he has "no clue" how talks are progressing between his agent and the Saints and says his focus is on showing his commitment to the team. "I definitely wanted to be here to show my support and show how dedicated I am," Thomas said. "No matter what, I'm going to work hard. Whatever happens, happens. That's all I can say. I'm going to work hard, do what I have to do to stay in shape and be ready and be fit because I'm not going to lose a step at all. I'm just going to gain." Thomas, signed as an undrafted rookie free agent out of Illinois in 2007, has led the Saints in rushing the past two seasons and was one of the heroes of the NFC championship and Super Bowl victories.

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2010
  2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Are they going to not resign this kid too, first they drop Darren Sharper now this kid. If they do, I hope the Giants pick him up.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

no way in hell we don't sign him...he'll get paid

4. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

He is a restricted free agent who was tendered by the Saints. This is really a non story. I understant that he would like a new contract, but the possibility of a 2011 NFL lock out, the Saints are not in a hurry to commit themselves to new contracts when they don't have to.

As for Sharper, he wants $6 mil/year. For that price, have at it.