Enlarged Heart Ends LB Marcus Freeman's NFL Career

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, May 2, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

As Marcus Freeman drove out of Indianapolis after a failed physical with the Colts only four days after they lost the Super Bowl, he couldn't help but think about Gaines Adams, who had died less than a month earlier but the linebacker from Ohio State, the Bears' fifth-round pick a year ago, also couldn't imagine an enlarged heart valve in his left ventricle ending his football career. Colts doctors told Freeman he wouldn't pass an NFL physical less than a year after he was given two EKGs at the scouting combine, information that was available to all NFL teams. "They had found my heart had come back abnormal at the combine and they redid (the EKG)," Freeman said. "After I took it again, nothing was said about it and we moved on. I don't know if it was (enlarged) then or if it happened in the recent year or what. The Bears never mentioned it. They were more concerned about my knee and trying to make sure that was healthy. That's the biggest thing, I think, why I was shocked in Indianapolis." The Bills and Texans also never mentioned his heart and a Bears spokesman, citing legal issues, declined to make general manager Jerry Angelo available for an interview.

Source: Chicago Tribune

2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Bears missing another heart ailment? No wonder Jerry Angelo is not commenting...again.

3. alwaysabear

alwaysabear Rookie

Not again, this is shocking!:icon_frown:

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

This really sucks rotten eggs for dude.

5. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

must be something they put in the water at Halas Hall....:icon_rolleyes:

6. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

At least he is alive to tell the tale. Either the Bears need to hire better doctors or their doctor's ethics need to be reviewed.

7. AdiBear

AdiBear 1st Stringer

Hi mate,

great podcast as always