NFL Great Gale Sayers Unhappy With Bears

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by Sweets, May 4, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

One of the greatest Chicago Bears of all time isn’t happy with the team’s state of affairs. Gale Sayers took aim Tuesday at coach Lovie Smith, quarterback Jay Cutler and personnel moves that left the Bears without a pick until the third round of the recent NFL draft. “Cutler hasn’t done the job,†Sayers said. “Urlacher, I don’t know how good he’s going to be coming back. He’s 33 years old. They need a couple wide receivers, a couple defensive backs. They haven’t done a good job. “If Lovie doesn’t do it this year, I think he’s gone. He had a good team the Super Bowl year. Nothing came together for him the last couple years.â€

Source: EricOlson, AP

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

and he's right.

3. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

But he's acting like Cutler has been with the Bears for five years and "hasn't done the job." He has only been with the Bears for one year. Urlacher is going to be fine and healthier than he has been probably since his rookie year and he's 32, not 33. I am with him however on the receivers, but I think we need ONE, a number one, the rest are fine as 2's and 3's. I also agree that Lovie is out if he doesnt get it done this year with Angelo and Phillips following right behind him.

4. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I don't think much will change till we get rid of Lovie,Angelo and Babich. We did part ways with Turner so we're 1/4 the way there.
    Now the Colts have Turner so maybe Manning can make Ron look good?

I'm also not too enthused about Martz and Merinelli but I hope they prove me wrong.

5. I hope heckin Lovie feels the pressure now!

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

oh, who cares? it's not like gale sayers knows anything about the game of football ....................

7. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

It would be nice to find a real QB, and keep him around for a few years. I don't think the Bears organization would know what to do, if they found one.