Ex-NFL DT Norman Hand Passes Away At 37

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BigBlueBruiser, May 14, 2010.

1. Former Walterboro star and NFL player Norman Hand died Friday morning in Colleton County at the age of 37. A cause of death has not been released by the county coroner. "Norman Hand, 37 years old, collapsed at his residence around 11 this morning. He was taken to the Colleton Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 12:39 p.m. The cause of death is pending an autopsy. There is no foul play suspected," said the Colleton County coroner. Hand was drafted in the fifth round of the NFL Draft by the Miami Dolphins in 1995 and went on to have a 10 year career in the league playing with the San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints, Seattle Seahawks and the New York Giants. He ended his pro career after the 2004 season with 22.5 sacks and 2 interceptions. Hand was the first football player to reach the NFL from Walterboro. His family issued a brief statement Friday afternoon: "Our beloved Norman was brought to the hospital earlier today. He was unresponsive and resuscitation not successful. He passed away early this afternoon surrounded by his family. Respect for our family will be greatly appreciated as we mourn this incomprehensible loss. We ask that you focus on Norman's life and the contributions he made rather than on his untimely death."

Source: WCSC TV

2. Once a Giant, always a Giant. R.I.P. Norman.

[​IMG]

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I remember him. :tombstone:

4. hermhater

hermhater Guest

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

6. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Way way too young.

RIP.