Steelers QB Byron Leftwich Getting Bulk Of Reps At OTA's

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, May 18, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Byron Leftwich has been getting the bulk of the first-team reps at Pittsburgh's OTAs so far, according to NFL.com. Leftwich will have every opportunity to claim the Steelers' starting job for as long as Ben Roethlisberger remains suspended. It sounds like Leftwich would really have to struggle for Dennis Dixon to get a shot at starting.

Source: Rototimes.com

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Ugh...

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, i've always felt lefty got a raw deal in jacksonville and isn't as bad as many think. it could be worse. your back-up qb could be david carr or brady quinn.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

DAMNIT

btw
    id love it to be brady quinn lol

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Leftwich played alright when he was in there for Ben, but I don't have a lot of confidence. He struggles at times...

I'd almost rather see Marc Bulger in there...when it comes down to Week One, I want to see Dixon in there getting the snaps and Leftwich as the fall back. Batch is nice to have around because he's got the head for it, he just has nothing as far as the skills...

6. CaptainStubing

i know steeler fans are probably preferring dixon to see some playing time and i can't blame you. i would also like to see how far he has progressed since getting drafted. we've only seen him in the 1 game i believe and he played admirably. he's still a long way from being a starting nfl qb though and maybe they're worried about freaking up his head if it's too soon?

7. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I think Byron gives us the best chance to move the ball consistantly, But I think Dixon needs the reps so we can see if he is the real deal as a backup or not. He's the future at backup not Byron.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

All I want is a guy that will come out of the 4 game stretch 2-2.

It's early and you can't read much into these OTA's/practices.

9. Crowned

Sounds like Byron is a lock.

10. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

Even if the boys go 0-4 with whomever at QB, it's only 4 games. Ben could right the ship with his return and get the team to 10-6. He's a proven winner and there's no reason to think he couldn't rattle off a bunch of wins again.

11. Crowned

0-4 isn't possible, one of the first 4 games is the Buccaneers. (subconsciously directed at mush :icon_cheesygrin:)

12. CaptainStubing

corrected :icon_cheesygrin:

13. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

Cuz Byron is the future, Starter. Goodbye Ben. :icon_cool: haa.