Steelers To Part Ways With WR Limas Sweed?

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by SRW, May 12, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Steelers WR Limas Sweed is out for the season, and his days in Pittsburgh could be over. The Steelers placed Sweed on injured reserve Tuesday with a ruptured left Achilles' tendon, a day after the team released him and he cleared waivers. No team was willing to take a chance on Sweed, who has caught just seven passes in two seasons, after the Steelers placed him on waivers. He won't count against the Steelers' roster total — teams are allowed to carry 80 players during the offseason. Sweed, who has been plagued by dropped passes during his brief career, had been a regular at offseason conditioning and practices before getting hurt.

Source: CBS Sports

2. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Casey Hampton's Girl!

Limas is such a waste of talent. It makes me sad we wasted a 2nd round pick on him.

3. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

BIG Bust...lol...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Maybe not...

I heard a clip of Warren Sapp discussing the AFC North and he touched on the the Cleveland Browns' needs in the secondary and how they need players to play against the likes of "Limas Sweed and Mike Wallace..." lol...this is the year Limas takes over the world!

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol im pretty sure he'll take over the world eventually.

i would like to say i dont think its fair to say hes a "waste of talent" the dude is a hard worker and despite a few big mess ups early on and the injury last year he has shown a lot of improvement...i really did like him as a 3rd year break out WR before he blew out his achilles. Hes still got a shot to make this team and i think he will, especially if plax isnt signed

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I wouldn't say he's a wasted talent either. He's one of those guys that you can see is talented he just hasn't gotten "it" yet and pit it together on the field and mentally. If he could put it together, he could be decent.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

yeah its not like hes a heck up, hes really a good team mate and i do think he still has a future in the league, maybe not with the steelers but i look at him as a repetition player....he sucks coming off the bench cold, but when he plays snaps and can get a feel for the defense he could be pretty good...the problem is the steelers havent really been a position to let him do that, plaxico was really the same way.

on paper wallace and sweed could be a sweet tandem, especially with sanders, brown, and ward working the slot and underneath...the problem is while i think he can very well make the final roster of bums like battle and el he needs to really blow up in camp to get any playing time and then take advantage of anything they give him.

im not counting him out yet, im a long time sweed fan i know that but i just refuse to look at him and see a guy that cant contribute just yet, meachem didnt do rod until year 3 and even that was tough for him with so many other options, i think he really needs a chance and possibly the best thing for his career might be an injury where we are forced to throw him out there and let him play.

not many are gonna agree with me, im not saying a star player in the making but i think he could be a solid all around player still, that injury was a huge blow...hopefully he bounces back from it and shows that hes been working hard