Titans RB Chris Johnson's Holdout Could Aid Raiders' Run Defense

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Sweets, May 20, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Raiders believe they have fortified their run defense with the front seven additions of middle linebacker Rolando McClain, strong side linebacker Kamerion Wimbley and defensive lineman Lamarr Houston. Oakland could have be even better in that area if Chris Johnson and the Tennessee Titans get into a nasty contract holdout. The Raiders visit the Titans in the regular season opener Sept. 12, and while chances are Johnson will be there, there’s precedent for a standout running back not only successfully holding out for more money, but having his effectiveness reduced dramatically after signing.

Source: Contra Costa Times

2. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

heck that! i want johnson there if we cant shut down a 2000 yd back then we can say we have gotten better against the run so titans get that crap done!

3. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

Since nobody else wants it, the Raiders take the AFC West! You heard it here first!

4. TexanDynasty

TexanDynasty Rookie

Be careful what you wish for, the Raiders need every break they can get. Jason Campbell wasn't a good QB in Washington, do you really think he'll be better in Oakland.

In reality the Titans can beat the Raiders with Javon Ringer starting, or even 1 of the rookies.
    If the Titans have CJ it will not even be close. Or close to close.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i do think he will be better in oakland cause he wasnt terrible in washington despite being a terrible fit for that offense....the raiders got a good fit for their system imo

that being said chris johnson is far from unstoppable

6. mtzninersfan

mtzninersfan 1st Stringer

Oakland beat Philly and Cincy, why arent they capable of beating the Titans? I dont like the subject though, if Johnson sits everyteam the titans play is going to be better defensviely.

7. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

who the heck is talking about campbell? the titans couldnt beat anyone for the first 7 weeks of the season last year and that was with johnson. and for the record i think jason campbell is good enough to beat your underachieving team.:icon_evil:

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i am with the heck that i would rather play them at full strength to see what we have

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

JASON?