Browns To Play Hardball With RFA RB Jerome Harrison?

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, May 17, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Browns RB Jerome Harrison continues to stay away from the team's offseason activities because of a contract dispute; he's a restricted free agent tendered at the second-round level, and like many of his teammates is not expected to show for an upcoming minicamp. The Browns will have the option to lower their tender to Harrison if he doesn't sign by June 15 -- they could limit his 2010 salary to 110 percent of his 2009 pay, a difference of over $1 million. "It's definitely an option we have discussed," GM Tom Heckert told the Cleveland Plain Dealer, referring to all of the Browns' holdouts. "But nobody wants to go down that road because it brings bad blood. At the same time, we want the guys in here. I've talked to most of the [RFAs], or their agents. We're not in negotiations with any of them. But to say we won't do an extension, that's not the case, either. We want guys in and then we'll see what happens. We hope it doesn't get to June 15."

Source: CBS Sports

2. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Drop him.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Like myself and others have already said, he has NO leverage in this dispute. I understand his frustration because he was successful but needs to play another year for a big deal, and Cleveland now has a wide array of ok to good RBs. Either he signs or gets moved, I don't see a long term deal in his future and I'd be worried if he was given one.

4. HateSteel

HateSteel Stray Dawg

5-11
    4 in a row
    and only one that mattered.
    Hardly a body of work, let alone worth a contract extension. By the way the one that mattered Josh Cribbs won that one. You should calm down Jerome, take your butt back to work and earn that extension.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's the time of the year for protests and holdouts...he's not in a position to lose game checks...he'll be there when it matters.

6. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

I'm old school. Why does anyone even sign a contract anymore, and if you do sign it for one year or SHUT UP! I am sick and tired of people signing six year deals then complaining after three years. You should have signed a one year deal but YOU wanted the security. Sounds like you wanted your cake and you wanted to eat it too. Now that you can't you want to complain. I'm all for the athletes getting as much money as they can, but honor the contract you sign (not that the NFL does any better because when they are done with you they just drop you whether there is time left on your contract or not).