Broncos QB Kyle Orton Not Worried About QB Competition

Discussion in 'Denver Broncos' started by SRW, May 17, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Broncos QB Kyle Orton led the first-team offense in passing drills during the first day of a mid-May minicamp. Orton is coming off a career-best season but sees Brady Quinn, Tom Brandstater and rookie Tim Tebow looking over his shoulder to be the starter. Orton isn't focusing on people looking for his job, instead, he's opening up an offense that lacked big plays last season. He said his comfort level in the system will mean more opportunities to go downfield to new targets like rookie Demaryius Thomas. Orton, who is in a contract year, knows that he has to continue to impress before landing a new deal. "I'd certainly like to be taken care of and have a bunch of job security, but obviously that didn't happen," Orton said. "What are you going to do? It doesn't put me down or make me say, 'I've got to do all this or do more.' I go about my business and try to win games."

Source: CBS Sports

2. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

Will Orton ever have the arm strength to go downfield again?

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

well, i think we're all curious why denver brought in Quinn AND Tebow this off-season with Orton still on the roster. at this point, quinn and orton have both started enough games in the nfl, they should know which one they want and just have 1 of them on the roster with Tebow waiting in the wings. This just seems too similar to the situation Gruden created in Tampa when his inability to choose a QB hurt the team for many years and eventually cost him his job ...................

4. TheCommish

TheCommish Rookie

Quinn is smarter than Orton and if Denver BELIEVED in Orton they wouldn't have brought in Quinn and drafted Tebow in the the first round. Orton should be worried because his days are numbered. He was lucky to have the best receiver in the NFL on his roster and now without him, he will be gone by mid season (if he makes it that long).

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

KO will always be a career 'game manager' & a stop gap solution as starter. He'll end up somewhere as a back up. He's got enough talent for that.

Dead man walking in Denver...