Were The Jets OVERACHIEVERS Last Season Or Superbowl Bound This Year??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Lady Big Cat Lover, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Lady Big Cat Lover

Lady Big Cat Lover Cats Meow

I did a similar thread over on the official 49ers MB and the consensus was they DID
    overachieve when they advanced to the AFCCG this past January!! Just wondering
    if most on this board think they'll either miss the playoffs all together, make it to the
    AFCCG again....or win the title game and play in the Super Bowl?? Your input is most
    appreciated. (Personally, I felt they overachieved for last season and were lucky to be
    playing for the right to advance to the Super Bowl....the Colts were relieved too! :icon_cheesygrin:)

2. Inclulbus

Inclulbus WE ARE! .. Marshall!

i dont think they over achieved, they played good.. just needed better QB Play, however... i dont think theyre a SB team this year, due to that same fact, need better QB play. Sanchez isnt no where close to a SB run.

3. HateSteel

HateSteel Stray Dawg

Dude they made it to the AFCCG despite having Braylon Edwards on the roster, they have to be the real deal.

4. Braylon should be a slot WR but to think he shouldn't be on a roster is asinine.

5. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

I think they've added more sizzle than steak this offseason, I'm sure they'll make the playoffs but I don't think they'll do a lot of damage.
    On the other side of that coin though they could have trouble squeezing all those egos out of the tunnel and collapse late in the season, the NY sports media would probably almost rather see that then them make a solid run.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

They got hot at the right time. I think the Dolphins win that division

Their D reminded me alot of the 2003 Cowboys, where all the planets aligned and they wound up the best in the NFL

7. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Their 2nd year CBs would have to step up even more. They were solid but not close to elite. They don't have a dominant FS.Their line has inconsistencies with Merling and the left defensive end spot. Their linebackers are largely unproven excent for Dansby.

Their QB is still unproven with no elite potential. Their best WR, Marshall, is a dumbbutt. Their other WRs are unproven or more like #3s. Their TEs are mediocre. Their RBs are great, but injury prone or old. Their offensive line has great tackles and a resurrected center, but has no guards.

I don't see how they'll win the division or even get second.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

while i see your point with some of the position weaknesses, I believe the Jets are going to take a step backwards, the Bills will be the Bills again, and if the Pats trip up again or if their time has run out, SOMEONE has to win the division, right? I don't think the phins winning the east is such a longshot. should they be favored? absolutely not. The Pats and Jets have earned the right to be the favorites. But it wouldn't shock me.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Jets played good football...tough to say they over achieved but I don't think they are as good as everyone is making them out to be for 2010. They still have a few questions on this team that need to be answered, but they are definitely a good team...a playoff team.

10. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

I guess I wouldn't say that there isn't a chance, but the chances of the Pats and Jets taking first and second in the division, not in any specific order, are just so strong that I wouldn't bet on the Dolphins finishing in the top two of the division.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

yes, i would agree and i'm sure the 'Vegas' odds for the division have the Pats #1, the Jets #2, and the Phins #3, which is logical ............................... it would be funny if we had all these discussions about these 3 teams winning the AFCE and then the Bills won it .............. eh, scratch that ............ THAT is impossible........... :icon_cheesygrin:

12. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

I'll say this...if the Bills overcome the Pats and Jets and take first in the division, I will burn everything I have of the Raiders and welcome them to LA, otherwise, I'll keep praying that the Raiders will move back to LA.