Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'Hockey Talk' started by Bears 88, Apr 11, 2010.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

as happy as i am, i am saddened to see hossa hold up a cup

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Congrats Blackhawk fans, love to see this.....I hate the flyers

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

The Flyers still have one hell of a story to tell on how their 2009-10 season went. From a team who had their season on life support before they got into the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. Then going onto plow through New Jersey, came back from down 3-0 against Boston and won in 7 games, plowed through Montreal, to giving the Blackhawks a run for their money. Not all stories have a happy ending but the Flyers do not have a bad one at all.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

It's a great story with the ending you don't expect...kind of like Rocky. I really enjoyed the ups and downs this season...a ton of side stories...the goaltending saga, Leighton, Boosh, Leino, Richards...

5. smeags

smeags militant geek

was i the only one that knew that was a goal as soon as it happened ? i shut it off instantly. one pick's difference. :icon_sad:

6. DaBearsrule4ever

I had to listen to Kane's goal on radio (was on my way to work). Getting home and seeing the goal, i'm wondering myself how that got past Leighton because he was in perfect position to make the save.

7. smeags

smeags militant geek

leighton's five hole says hi. it did all series.

8. DaBearsrule4ever

If there was an over/under bet before the series started on there being 47 total goals, I would have easily taken the under. I'm glad I didn't bet.

9. smeags

smeags militant geek

the harsh reality for flyers fans is this run was magical. this team over acheived big time. there are many holes in this roster and as usual it starts with the goalie situation. i say we move carter to get the best available goalie on the market. vokoun ? to me carter is the new john leclair. he'll do real good in the regular season but shrivel up come playoff time. no way the flyers can afford to resign him so move him asap and either get a goalie or stockpile picks.

anything you could lose in carter you get right back with leino who i think is a steal by the flyers.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

The deciding game of the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals drew the largest NHL overnight in 36 years.

10. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Philly people ripping JR when they should be ripping guys like Richards, Carter, Gagne for doing nothing in the series.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Agree with you 100%. They did fine without Carter...

Loved John LeClair btw...:icon_cheesygrin:

12. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Leighton at the Phillies game tonight received a standing ovation. I guess the fans aren't drunk enough yet.

13. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

hey, Leighton did the best he could do. He didn't say he was a super star. Carter and Gange (sp.?) should be blamed for their lack of production. And it is also hard to back up Prongers efforts

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

[​IMG]

Only in Philadelphia...lol...

15. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

16. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

[​IMG]

17. smeags

smeags militant geek

well, i hate to bring up the injury thingy with gagne & carter but it was pretty amazing that either played in these playoffs. i thnk they like several others on the flyers hit a wall in game 5.

but hurting or not, how the hell does carter not elevate that puck ? that's a hello game 7 score if he does and he's known for the wrist shot ! christ these two cities would be insane today. truthfully i think the outcome would've been the same but with one more incredible game.

meh, like i said before, congrats chicago fans. i tip my hat to you guys and your team but come next week you can all go back to sucking it. :icon_cheesygrin: