Saints OT Jamaal Brown Will Have To Earn His Job Back

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by SRW, Jun 13, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Saints left tackle Jammal Brown, who missed all of last season after undergoing two surgeries --- one on his hip and one to repair a sports hernia --- has stayed away from OTAs and minicamps this offseason and has yet to sign his restricted free-agent tender and is hoping to receive a long-term contract offer, but word is the Saints aren't interested in discussing such a deal with him. Brown, who was tendered at the highest level, has until June 15 to sign his tender before New Orleans can reduce the offer to 110 percent of his 2009 salary and still maintain exclusive rights to him. When, or if, he reports to the team, Brown will not be handed back his starting job. The Saints won a Super Bowl with Jermon Bushrod starting at left tackle, and he's been taking reps with the first team this offseason. He and Brown will likely compete for the starting job in training camp, assuming Brown, who is said to be in good health, is prepared to participate.

Source: Pro Football Weekly

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, yeah, brown has lost all of his negotiating power for a long term contract since they apparently feel comfortable, and rightfully so, with Bushrod.

3. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

my only hope for him right now is to get someone decent in a trade or a sweet draft pick

4. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Bushrod was not so good that the Saints could afford to dump Jammal Brown, however; the drafting of Charles Brown gives the Saints a possible left tackle of the future. There are rumors of Jammal Brown still having injury issues. I don't know if they are true or not, but it does seem evident that the Saints are in no hurry to re-sign Jammal to a big contract.

5. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Jammal Brown is a better run blocker.

6. rebelwr88

rebelwr88 Rookie

Bushrod got embarrassed a few times at the end of the year. I hope Jammal signs