Seahawks Release WR Reggie Williams

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by Sweets, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Seattle Seahawks have released wide receiver Reggie Williams according to Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times. The Seahawks signed Williams after a three-day tryout during the team’s voluntary minicamp in mid April. Williams was a former first-round draft pick of the Jacksonville Jaguars. After spending the 2009 season out of football, Williams signed with the Seattle Seahawks on April 16, 2010.

Source: DannyOneil@twitter

2. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

They released Reggie Wililams before Mike Williams? Sad.

3. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

Mike showed superior speed and hands.

Not really a positive for Mike, more a negative for Reggie.

They both got a lot of work with Branch and Housh out, so I trust the coaching staff so far.

Tate, Butler, Housh and Branch are locks, but Williams is competing for the #5 spot with Kole Heckendorf and Mike Hass who have both impressed me. I wouldn't be surprised if Mike Williams isn't chosen, but my gut tells me he's Mr 5.

4. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Reggie... what a damn shame...

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Just the fact that "Branch is a lock" makes my skin crawl...he's perhaps the most overrated WR in the history of the sport. He's awful...when he's not injured...

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I agree. I don't want him on the team. He's a slower, much less talented version of Deon Butler.

Probably relegated to slot receiver only at this stage, but he's the third best slot guy on the roster (Butler, Tate, Branch)

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

He won't be on the team...well he will be...he'll just be taking up a table in the trainer's room.