Bengals Open To Negotiating A New Deal For RB Cedric Benson

Discussion in 'Cincinnati Bengals' started by SRW, Jun 20, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Running back Cedric Benson found himself a home with the Cincinnati Bengals two seasons ago after a disappointing start to his career in Chicago. His stay could be made permanent with a new contract, which appears to be on the horizon. Representatives for Benson have approached Bengals management regarding a contract extension. Benson is in the final year of a two-year deal, making him a free agent at the end of the 2010 season. The running back told the Dayton Daily News last week during minicamp that the Bengals are open to the idea of negotiating a new contract, but no timetable has been set.

Source: Dayton Daily News

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2010
  2. clafover

clafover Rookie

Well, and if when have a new contract, return to his ald way???

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

modify

3. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

I think he's actually learned his lesson. He's stayed out of news reports for so long.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Give him a new contract, but keep it full of incentives so he wants to play. If the Bengals don't then they are setting up for a huge risk.

5. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Eh I dunno if that's warranted. For the last 3 seasons, he's stayed out of trouble and played hard...hell, he's been one of the more productive backs in the league, and is one of the few "horses" left anymore. He's been compensated far less than guys who are doing a lot less on the field than he does, and he hasn't once snitched or whined about it like it seems most players do every couple years. Can you imagine if someone like his teammate Ocho was producing like he does and getting his pay? Holy sheeeit, he'd have every media outlet in the US on his crap 24/7 until he got paid.

I have no problem with incentive-based contracts as a general rule, in fact I'm all for it for everyone, but if hardly any other players in the league have one I see no reason that Benson should either.

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

Last 2 seasons, excuse me.

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I would be all for giving him 15 guaranteed in a 5 year 60 mil. contact that with incentive he could earn up to 75. And tell him because of his past I want him to continue to do what he has to earn more.

7. Dougerrrr

Dougerrrr Laus Deo

wouldn't bother me if he went to another division. He got pretty serious in Cincy. Steelers don't need that in their division.