Saints Release Veteran DE Bobby McCray

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints' started by ravenfan52, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Defensive end Bobby McCray, who started for New Orleans at the end of last season after Charles Grant was lost to injury, was released by the Saints on Monday. Grant also was released earlier this offseason. The Saints signed defensive end Alex Brown, who likely will take over a starting role, in April. McCray made nine tackles in the Saints' three postseason games in New Orleans' run to the Super Bowl title. In two seasons with New Orleans after signing as a free agent in 2008, McCray 59 tackles with 7½ sacks, three pass defenses and a forced fumble.

Source: ESPN.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

um, ok? he seemed to be a pretty good back-up/rotational guy. was he going to cost too much money this year or is there more to the story?

3. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Might not have been sold on his tactics to hit the 35+ year old Qb's as hard as he could when they didn't have the ball.

4. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

yea screw dat dude, is he number 69? Cause if he is thats the guy who low blowed brett

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

nvm i just saw he is number 93, but i think he was in on the hit too, so yea screw em.

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

something's brewing down in NOLA. i expect a big signing really soon

6. cover the spread

cover the spread beastin'

You guys already picked up Alex Brown. There aren't any real big name FA DEs left except for maybe Greg Ellis and Afailius.

Although this could mean the Saints are planning to clear up cap space for Big Al.

7. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Reggie bush was really upset about this on twitter

8. leeman

leeman Team Veteran

Hard for me to understand. He was at minimum a quality back up.

He was due a roster bonus on July 1st. Maybe that had something to do with it.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

It seems to me that Benson is going back to his old ways. He got his Super Bowl ring so now it seems that he is cutting cost now in order to make more money. I might be wrong.

10. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

You heard it here first........we'll resign him....soon