Browns WR Brian Robiske Finally Showing His Potential

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jun 27, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

If the Browns were to give an award for an MVP of the different minicamps, receiver Brian Robiskie would be the winner. As one Browns coach said: "He started strong, and then got better. He never let up. He's made a huge jump." The Browns say Robiskie now "runs" the pass routes, rather than going through them "robotically," as he did his rookie season. He earned the respect of veteran quarterback Jake Delhomme, who told the coaches how Robiskie is "exactly where he should be at exactly the right time." The Browns believe Robiskie will continue to be effective once real football begins with blocking and tackling. Robiskie caught only seven passes as a rookie, and the Browns now see the player they hoped for when picking him in the second round in 2009.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

:icon_cheesygrin:

3. HateSteel

HateSteel Stray Dawg

I liked this pick when they made it, and I still do. If you believe all the hype this kid had a great mini-camp, and will play a significant role this year.

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

I hope he shows his potential this year

5. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

All this hype happened last year too...

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Not that I remember. He was touted as NFL ready, but it wasn't his play that kept him off the field nearly as much as his relationship with the coaches. He didn't play his butt off on ST, so it would seem Mangini just didn't want him to be able to skip that introductory role
    so quickly.

7. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Honestly...the only news I saw on rookie WRs last year were 50% hype from Mangini praising Robiskie and Massaquoi, 40% on Crabtree's holdout, and 10% on Childress praising Harvin.