Browns DE Robaire Smith Charged With Handgun Possession In Airport

Discussion in 'Cleveland Browns' started by SRW, Jul 2, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Browns defensive end Robaire Smith faces a gun charge stemming from a 2009 incident in which a loaded firearm was found in his carry-on luggage at a Michigan airport, the Flint Journal reported Thursday. Smith, 32, was scheduled to board a Nov. 6 flight from Flint to Atlanta when an X-ray machine detected the gun in his bag, Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton said. Smith then told airport security that he had forgotten the gun -- a Belgium 5.7 caliber with between 15 and 17 rounds in the magazine -- was in his possession, according to Leyton. Smith is charged with possession of a firearm in a sterile area of a commercial airport. The misdemeanor carries a maximum sentence of one year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Source: NFL.com

2. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

All these NFL players have to carry guns for protection right? They're walking targets for robberies at all times. So if they always "forget" they are carrying them, what good does it do to carry it in the first place?

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Freaking A, this crap is god
    damn rediculous.

4. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Guys, relax, he forgot. So it's OK. Because, he forgot. :icon_rolleyes:

5. HateSteel

HateSteel Stray Dawg

I feel like I have this responsibility ( call me old fashioned ) to always know where my guns are at all times. Its really very easy to do , especially if you leave them at home.

6. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

What's up with Cleveland d-linemen?

7. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Can't give me a DWI. I forgot I was drunk. Maybe OJ forgot he killed her? We know Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English. Michael Vick and Roddy White forgot when they left the party. It works across sports/situations.

8. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

god **mn it, you don't need to walk around with a god **mn handgun for hecks sake, you're a professional athlete who's gonna heck with you honestly.

9. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

These types of things never cease to amaze me. Freaking goobers.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

No offense, but I think that's a bit of an oversight. 99% of people? Sure. But a lot of athletes feel exposed when in public, and I can't say I blame them. None of us know what it's like to have people recognize and approach you all the time, not that it was a huge problem for Robaire. I realize that many get in trouble for having guns because of the stupid situations they put themselves in, which I can't argue against. But if I felt unsafe, you bet your butt I'd have one. But I'd have a carry permit and wouldn't take it to the freaking airport. That's how you get figured for a terrorist and shot.

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

it seems more and more athletes are carrying guns these days. BUt I dont blame them. They make much more money then any member on here will see