Redskins Release QB Colt Brennan

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by Sweets, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

The Washington Redskins have released quarterback Colt Brennan, Chris Russell of ESPN-980 AM reports. Brennan became expendable when the Redskins acquired John Beck from the Baltimore Ravens earlier today. A sixth-round pick (186th overall) in 2008 out of Hawaii, Brennan spent the 2009 season on injured reserve and did not appear in a game as a rookie. In two pre-seasons' worth of action, the 6-2, 212-pound quarterback completed 61.5% of his 96 pass attempts for 660 yards with 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions.

Source: macsfootballblog

2. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Talk about a "system" QB out of college. He was never going to make a difference in the NFL.

3. His ego got the better of him. The team got tired of his huge ego.

4. Turned out to be a glorified Timmy Chang...

5. Jeffgoodt

Jeffgoodt Team Veteran

No! Colt looked great in the preseason games I watched. He never got a chance. He was very underrated.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

back to N.O.?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

my bad, was thinking Chase Daniel, heck a no edit button

7. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

Not in his head.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i was somewhat surprised he was drafted .......... i suppose he may find another home somewhere to be a #3 qb and there's nothing wrong with that ............. it's an easy paycheck.

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Denver would have scooped him up if they didn't already have 3 project QB's

10. :laughy32:

He had plenty of time on that team and he would probably still be there if his ego hadn't ruined his reputation with the team.

11. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

I bet they are on suicide watch on Extreme Skins

12. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I wouldn't mind the Chiefs grabbing him as their 3rd string QB, since Palko is doing pretty awful. If he humbles himself, that is.

13. Jihad Joe

Never speak of the Cult of Colt in such a manor again

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Answer in Philly!!!!! kidding...

but seriously. UFL anyone?

15. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

hahaha

16. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

yeah against 4th stringers who were about to get cut themselves. another reason preseason games are meaningless

17. He had that one great performance in his debut in the Hall of Fame Game against Indianapolis in 2008....which got more attention because it was on national TV.

18. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Glad he's gone, had like one good game in preseason. Kid did work in the WAC for crying out loud, doesn't mean crap. They got murked in their bowl game.

and lol Joe, those idiots on ES, my God man, I wish half of them would blow their brains out.

19. Jihad Joe

I hear you HTTR.........ES is known through out the world of internet football

The Cult of Colt thread was seriously over 1,110 PAGES

Not post's........PAGES

20. smeags

smeags militant geek

^ this. if anyone has posted over there they will know why this is a serious concern.