Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha To Play On Both Sides

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by Saintsfan1972, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

After being tethered almost exclusively to the right side of Oakland's secondary, cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is getting his freedom and will roam the field covering opponents' top receiver no matter where he lines up. It's a change in strategy and philosophy for the Raiders and the man-to-man coverages favored by owner Al Davis, a change the 29-year-old Asomugha fully embraces. "Every year there are times when it happens but this year I just think it will happen more because we're doing it [in practice] more and they're allowing it to happen more," Asomugha said this week. "Me being able to play in the slot on third down ... I've wanted that for a while."

Source: Associated Press

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
  2. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

oooohhh.....CB's and LB's are licking their chops across the NFL.

3. BTMaverick84

BTMaverick84 Death Dealer

He isn't playing offense... lmao they're talking about him playing on both sides of the Defensive field enstead of primarily the Right side Corner. Besides he prolly would make a good wide out since yer saying.

4. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

I'd be shocked if it does happen, they have young talented WR's that need reps and the min he goes on offense the opposing defense is gonna try to clean his clock and get him off the field on defense.

5. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol again....left and right CB, not WR

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Wow people need to read the article. I look forward to him stalking the top wr all over the field

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Whew. I was afraid this was some euphemism for he goes both ways. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

1 person likes this.
  8. Squibby

Squibby Rookie

I don't get why every team in the NFL doesn't do this with their best CB.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

haha. this thread is cracking me up.

nnamdi is NOT playing WR. read the article.

as far as letting him 'roam' and cover the top receiver, i agree with squibb. defenses need to play match-ups just as much as offenses do. most of an o-coordinators job when game-planning is looking for match-ups and weaknesses in his next opponent and he is going to attack those areas. defenses don't do that enough but should.