Jets CB Antonio Cromartie Says "Hard Knocks' Interview Was Staged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Aug 20, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie found himself being roasted on blogs and in print for appearing to struggle mightily with the names of his eight children and their ages in what was portrayed as a casual, post-practice chat on some football padding. But Cromartie told Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post the scene that has earned him so much ridicule was a second take ordered by the director. Cromartie said the director - whom HBO officials refused to name - told him to "redo it" because he had not paused long enough between each of his kids' names. Asked if he had as much trouble listing the names as the scene appeared to show, Cromartie said: "Nah, I didn't have trouble. I mean, they asked me to pause. I had nailed it the one time before, but they had to redo it and they just told me to pause between each one of [the names]." Cromartie grew testy at the perception - now fuel-injected by "Hard Knocks" - that he can't keep track of all his kids. "So it's not a point of me not knowing my kids' [names]," he said. "I know every single one of my kids. I know the age of every single one of my kids."

Source: New York Post

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Dude can barely read so it would hardly be a shock

3. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

8 freaking kids? I bet dude has no money left after child support

4. 8 kids by 7 different women

5. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

5 of which are 3 years old
    got busy when he got drafted

6. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

From what I've seen from the Cromartie bloodline, I don't mind. Too bad it's not like soccer, we could sign all his sons by the time they're in peewee football.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Yeah, this and your money makes you a good father. Oh wait, he was given a bonus to catch up on child support. And I'm sure he spends tons of time with those kids... Sad to me.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Maybe these women knowing how he is would take responsibility and use protection, freaking gold digging heifers.

9. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Don't hold back, Sweets! Say how you truly feel!!!

10. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

That's the point they did know how he was and that's why there having a great life right now. As for him, he's taking care of them all so good for him.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

12. FamousGuy909

FamousGuy909 Ticket Scalper

8 Kids by 7 women in 5 diffrent states..... OMG, this guy is a Fyckin winner at what age 25? damn moron, besides the fact he was sooo far in debt for child support makes hime more of an idiot, NOT a baller.... Take care of your god damm kids creep...

13. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

good for him
    spread taht idiotic seed around

14. King Romo

King Romo Cowboys and Yankees

lmao!!! Quote FTW

15. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Guy is an irresponsible idiot. Just like that one player from Denver who something like 9 kids, all by different women?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

Travis Henry.

17. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Henry holds the record for athlete with the most children by the most different women, doesn't he?

18. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think he's 9 for 9.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Everyone is so quick to point out that he has 6 kids with 7 women, yet no one points out he has 2 kids with one women

The man has experienced love