Chargers WR Vincent Jackson Prepared To Sit Out Entire Season

Discussion in 'San Diego Chargers' started by MediaGuy, Aug 27, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson said he's ready to sit out the entire season due to an ongoing contract dispute. The restricted free agent hasn't signed his one-year tender, which was reduced from $3.268 million to $583,000. The Chargers have limited his agent, Neil Schwartz, from discussing a contract with any teams other than the Seattle Seahawks. "Absolutely," Jackson said during an NFL Network interview in Phoenix. "We're prepared for that. The union comes and talks to us about the lockout possibly next year and I've been financially smart. I'm ready for the long haul, but again I miss football." Placed on the roster exempt list, Jackson is also dealing with a three-game suspension for a pair of driving under the influence arrests. According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the deal-breaker for NFL teams interested in Jackson's services is his contract demands, which is reportedly a five-year, $50 million proposal that includes $30 million in guaranteed money. "I trust my agents," Jackson said. "We've been trying to figure that out. Again, I trust my agents, they've been doing a great job for me, but we really don't have an idea right now. We're not being granted permission to speak to other teams and we're not even sure if they want to trade me. I would love to stay in San Diego. I miss being around my teammates, but again I understand the beast of the business."

Source: National Football Post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2010
  2. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I say the Chargers should call his bluff and let him not be paid for two years straight (If he's banking on the 2011 season happening then he has another thing coming).

3. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

He is destroying my keeper team