Steelers QB Charlie Batch Fighting For Roster Spot

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by 86WARD, Sep 1, 2010.

1. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

QB - Leftwich, Dixon, Batch in no particular order.
    WR - Ward, Wallace, ARE, Sanders, Battle , Brown (still pondering Grisham liked his small body of work)
    LB - J. Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, Farrior, Foote, Fox, Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester

Cut one of the QB's when Ben comes back. It CAN be done.

2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

They want to keep Bailey also, he's a special teams monster. Plus they are really considering keeping Grisham this year.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

With these two, you absolutely can. Why would they announce who the QB is when they can make a team prepare for both? Neither Leftwich nor Dixon is a number one QB or a leader on this football team nor are they good enough to say that the rhythm of the offense will be greatly disrupted if either one is replaced. Whie Ben is gone the leadership will most likely be handled by Ward.

Absolutely no reason to announce a starter...lol.

4. I'd rather have Batch as Manning's backup than Leinart if Charlie got the axe....

5. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

^This. Battle is only being kept as a special teams body. Keep Battle or Bailey. Key Fox is good on teams as well.

6. 86WARD

86WARD -

I think they'll release Batch, sign him after Week One on a week by week basis...this way no salary is guaranteed if they want to cut ties when Ben comes back. If one of the QB's gets injured in the first 4 then great for him, he's got a roster spot.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

Grisham should be able to squeak onto the practice squad. I'm more afraid that they may have to keep extra RB's because of Dwyer. I don't think he'll clear waivers to land on the practice squad.

They've only kept 3 and a FB in previous years...Mendenhall, Redman, Moore, Dwyer, Summers. I'd like to see Johnson be able to handle the FB duties and let Summers go. I just don't want to see them give up on Dwyer yet. If they need to let Batch go to keep Dwyer, I'm all for that.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

lol at every argument made for batch....hes lucky to be on the roster, the steelers have done right by him and not cut him when he hasnt been able to play at a less than average pro level for 3 years now. hes used up a roster spot which should have been a coaches spot, but i mean good for him cashing an NFL check and not having to do anything, i think he threw like 5 passes in training camp.

he also breaks something every year, made of pure glbutt.

leftwich offers much more in field vision, arm strength, and durability....batch is about as mobile as leftwich isnt, and hes much smaller...i think they should let dixon have another go at it, but both are clearly better options that batch

9. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

All Tomlin needs to do is play a game of rock, paper and scissors... and BAM ! Steeler's have a QB...

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

In addition, Lefty has never lost a game when he sub'ed for Ben. Batch knows the offense about as good as Ben does. Dixon is a mike vick or vince young type QB... Who becomes QB is gonna be based off what Arian's strategy is...

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

Arian's strategy...lol...