Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Fined $7,500 For Hit On QB Jake Delhomme

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by MediaGuy, Sep 3, 2010.

1. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Detroit Lions first-round defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh was fined $7,500 for slamming Cleveland Browns quarterback Jake Delhomme to the turf during the third pre-season game. Suh knew a fine was coming, and has said that it won't affect his style of play. "I'm going to continue to keep playing and, obviously, I'm not going to go wild and hit the quarterback in the head as hard as I can – or something stupid. I'll continue to play hard," Suh said. "I can only speak for myself, but I'm going to keep getting after quarterbacks."

Source: Mac's Football Blog

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010
  2. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i said 5k, mj said 50k

i was way closer

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Oh yeah? well Shinanagans!!!!!

4. whatadai

whatadai Rookie

How the hell do they come up with these random numbers?

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

the lions should reimburse him :icon_evil:

6. falcon_91

falcon_91 Pro Bowler

Lucky he didnt get 15 years for rape

1 person likes this.
  7. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

We're talking about Delhomme, not Roethlisberger.

8. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Looked like rape to me, and Jake said NO also. :icon_cheesygrin:

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

"I'm not going to go wild and hit the quarterback in the head as hard as I can – or something stupid"

um, well, yes, that IS ostensibly what you did by grabbing around his helmet and throwing him to the ground ............ fortunately, it was just a meaningless pre-season game, but if you ever keep a drive going late in a tight game that means something by getting a dumb penalty like that, I think your organization is going to be much less forgiving ................... in the pre-season, it's kind of cool .............. in a game that means something, you could cost your team a win ..................

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

I like him so much more for doing it. He's got that aggression and anger it takes to be a D-Lineman and you can't teach that crap on the field...

11. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

True but you also often can't control it from being stupid and injuring players and costing you dumb penalty yards and fines. I'm giving him a pass on this one but if he has a hit this dirty again I hope he gets tossed and fined big and third strike says suspension. All these people crying that an 18 week season will cause injuries causing the quality of the game to suffer and then cheering a dirty tackle like this in a preseason game are nuts.

12. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Meh, having to twist the Qb's head around by the face mask to try and get a sack is just a snitch move.

13. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

That fine was well worth it........ SUH and the Lions are making a statment this year........ Suh is out for blood lol.........

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Absolutely. And the fact he did that to that marble mouthed idiot Delhomme just makes it even better. Next time he should literally rip Jake's head off and put it on a pike at the 50 yard line. :icon_twisted:

15. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

I think suh would have paid 7500 measley bucks ahead of time to do that.