Chiefs LB Derrick Johnson Wins A Starting Job

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Derrick Johnson's career in Kansas City hasn't yet been what he or the Chiefs hoped. But the inside linebacker and former first-round draft pick, buoyed by the news he will start Monday night's season opener against San Diego at Arrowhead Stadium, is convinced that's about to change. "I think good things will still happen for me with the Chiefs," Johnson said. "It's (the last year of his contract) but I have a bright future here. The NFL is about seizing the moment. It's about what you do right now. I'm ready for it." In what appeared to be an intense competition for the starting job on the weak side, Johnson beat out Demorrio Williams, who wasn't happy about the news. "They said Derrick is going to start out the first game," he said. "I'm just going to come to work every day and do my job." Williams led the Chiefs in sacks in the preseason with three. Asked if he played well enough in the preseason to win the job, Williams said, "I don't have to answer that question. You already know the answer to that question. What do you think?"

Source: Kansas City Star

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
  2. L.Johnson #27

L.Johnson #27 C-H-I-E-F-S - G-A-L-A-X-Y

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you need to change your username ............ :icon_cheesygrin:

as far as DJ, the word around KC radio is that he is still on a very short leash ............. if he gets swallowed up in blocks and becomes a non-factor again, they are going to put Williams in immediately ...................

4. LJ just needs $20 bucks Captain and I'm sure Steve will oblige.....:icon_cheesygrin:

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

DJ = overrated wash out.

6. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

contract year hmm....wonder why he would want to seize the moment now.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He has all the opportunity to succeed, and he has motivation. No excuses anymore.