Adrian Peterson Feels He's Better Than Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Sep 8, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Adrian Peterson and Chris Johnson are two of the NFL's top running backs in part because they both have extreme confidence in their abilities. The Titans' Johnson made that clear in July when he told The Sporting News that there's "no way possible there should be a debate about who's the best running back in the NFL." Peterson would be more than happy to debate Johnson on the subject, proving this on Wednesday morning while appearing on Dan Patrick's syndicated radio show. Peterson told Patrick that he thinks Johnson is "just awesome," but when asked if he was the better running back Peterson responded, "Yes. Yeah. Yeah," adding, "I play the game to be the best player and that doesn't change my mindset at all." Peterson went on to tell Patrick that he doesn't think Johnson does anything better than he does and isn't faster. "No, [he's] not faster, stronger, anything," Peterson said. "You've got to understand you're talking to a guy … that's just the mentality that I have. I have ultimate respect for the guy and he's a heck of a player. I remember at one point and time me talking on the phone to Chris Johnson. He was telling me, 'I'm just a big fan of yours. I like your style.' Some [of the] advice that I gave him was, 'I play this game to be the best player ever to play the game. That's my mentality.'"

Source: Star-Tribune

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  2. dough21

dough21 Go Pack Go!!!

I think CJ is faster. If I were to bet CJ is who I would put my money on.

3. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Peterson is better and its not even close imo.

the titans might actually try to win games this year instead of just trying to get johnson 200 yards. after one year everyone is on the CJ bandwagon which is fine, ill pass though

4. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I'm surprised Peterson didn't fumble the answer on that remark...

5. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

Who gives a crap?

6. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

AP is stronger, seems to have better acceleration, and can shed blocks like no other rb in the game. CJ has had one good year. Let's see him have 3-4 good ones before he takes AP's place. I hate the team he plays for but I like to watch AP play.

7. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

Exactly, all CJ is is fast. I feel AP is an all around excellent RB

8. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I agree with this 100%. AP is just one of those special players.(smart, fast, strong, confident) Not taking away from CJ or anything, but AP is a much better back. And until CJ has multiple years at a high level I will continue to say AP is better. And all this talk about who is faster... LOL

They are both fast as crap... Olympic speed is what these two dudes have.

Wasn't their 40 times really close to each other? IIRC AP was 4.28? And CJ was 4.23?

Does anyone remember?

9. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

I dont know what the 40 times were but you have to remember AP has a bigger frame than CJ and can still do everything CJ does just as good or better than him.

10. wonderyears

wonderyears Rookie

I'd say CJ is better, he's gotten more rush yards in his first two seasons than AP did in his, and has fumbled the ball 16 times less. Not trying to knock AP or anything, he's still a great back. But another year or two for CJ with high stats and I think he'll be generally accepted as the best back in the league.

11. marty264

marty264 Team Veteran

In their official combine times, Johnson ran a 4.24 and Peterson ran a 4.40, if I remember correctly.

12. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

4.4 for a man petersons size who runs with such authority is freaking amazing

13. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I've always argued Peterson is better then Peterson, I want an all around back sorry.

14. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

I would have to go with AP. He can run in between the tackles and get to the edge. He just needs to work on his fumbling issue.