Fatigue Got To Vikings QB Brett Favre In Season Opener?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Vikings' started by SRW, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Vikings quarterback Brett Favre was about as mediocre as it gets Thursday, completing just 15-of-27 passes for only 171 yards to go along with one pick and one score. Worse than the stats was the obvious fatigue. NBC Sports analyst Tony Dungy remarked after the game that Favre's body language was poor near the end of the loss, and the Saints seemed content to sit back in coverage most of the game. This passing offense really missed Sidney Rice (hip) once New Orleans put Roman Harper on Visanthe Shiancoe. According to Kevin Seifert of ESPN, Favre is scheduled to receive a third lubricant injection in his surgically-repaired ankle after Thursday's game.

Source: RotoTimes.com

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. VikingsFan28

VikingsFan28 Wherever Alex Morgan is

ughhh. if he lasts this could be a long season

3. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Something got to him , he looked bad

4. VikingsFan28

in my opinion it be better if he moved on instead of playing hurt

5. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

I thought he was getting shots in his ankle.

6. saintskickass

saintskickass Special Teamer

still no credit to our defense. This is bs

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He struggled but still made some brilliant Favre-esque throws. He could have a rough year and I don't think he'll make it through, but I won't discount him because of just this game.

8. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Of course as soon as I get the son of a snitch on my FF squad he plays like crap - the Saints D did have a lot to do with it too though... as did his obvious lack of receivers.

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

And fixed. SKA has a point. The Saints defense did their part in the game too. They were able to contain AP for the most part and Favre was not sharp. The defense has their say in that too.

10. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

What are you guys talking about...even though favre did horrible cause he was tired, this has everything to do with the saints D....There defense is outstanding...i have never seen better corner coverage from a team, and harper and vilma are beasts. I give your defense credt mr. saintskickass

11. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

What? He's not in great condition because he didn't start practicing until a few weeks back? Unheard of.

12. Crowned

sarcasm?

13. VikingsFan28

i sure hope so

14. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Hey, Brett!

Next season, if you decide to come back next season, why don't you show up for OTAs and TC. Then, you won't be fatigued!

:icon_rolleyes:

15. Crowned

you and me both

16. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

c'mon, a Brett Favre didn't need that kind of crap

17. DatR3al

DatR3al No Days Off

LOL yea it was sarcasm...but i was looking at it from how our corners perform on a weekly basis and how theres was performing...and literaly everyone on the forum about the game was saying our secondary looks pitiful.

18. Crowned

It did , The Saints should easily have more then 14 points I'm not sure why they didn't but it wasn't the secondary everytime you looked there was a Saint running up the sidline wide open, one good play was the UGA alumni Asher Allen jarring the ball lose after the Colston catch up the sideline (wide open)

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

The Saints could've turned in 30 points last night but they were a little sloppy. The Saints D played well but at the same time, you sould see Favre was obviously fatigued and the lack of practice time with his receivers affected their timing. I think the timing was more so a factor than Favre's fatigue.

Both teams left a lot of opportunities and points on the table.