49ers WR Michael Crabtree Insists He's Not A Diva

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 11, 2010.

1. 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree owns more than a thousand pairs of shoes, designer or otherwise. He doesn't like to wear the same outfit twice and most certainly does not care for being verbally undressed by a teammate at practice. But, if anyone is going to call the 49ers wide receiver a diva over all this, Crabtree would appreciate a dictionary explanation first. "What is a diva?" Crabtree asked. "Really, I have no idea. Isn't a diva a female? I don't know, I'm asking. I mean, come on, that makes no sense. A diva?" Crabtree is truly baffled by the label he can't shake. In a rare one-on-one interview, Crabtree did much of the asking about his very real perception as a football-style diva. "It's just people's opinion," Crabtree said. "The ones that matter, they know me and what I'm all about. You don't see me in no trouble. I do everything I can to keep my image clean. I'm just a regular guy going about my business. I'm telling you, that ain't me. Not when it comes to my teammates and guys that see me every day. I'm just a regular guy like everyone else."

Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  2. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

hey crabtree your playing like betty white out there! lol

3. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Was his nose in the air as he insisted...

4. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

Sounds like a closet case

5. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

Ugh. Have to root for the team, but just can't get myself to root for that guy. Really? Doesn't know what a diva is? How is 1,000 pairs of shoes for starters.

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

He would just perfer to be called a f*g instead

7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

This reminds me of another quote.

-Terrell Owens on Brandon McDonald.

DIVA.

8. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A diva is female.....when Crabby runs all over your teams asses you'll be calling him something else. Sorry but having lots of shoes or clothes doesn't make anyone a freaking diva....:rolleyes: Diva started out as a female singer, now it's used in a negative light meaning fussy or extremely demanding neither of those pertain to Crabby IMO..

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  9. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

^ lol at trying to get all literal about what a diva is wtf. You were all pissed at him last year during his holdout. Now you're his freaking defense force. Guess holding out into the freaking season does not apply to being "extremely demanding".

10. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Check this out:

Michael Crabtree Healthy; Says There's No Problem With Vernon Davis -- NFL FanHouse
    This was an excerpt from another article on the same story. Crabtree thinks he's not a diva because he now is thinking about what's he is saying to the media. Is there beef with him and Davis still? Likely, yeah. So when Davis came to heck with him (which he did, no doubt), Crabtree shut his mouth but was taken off his game so he needed the question repeated. In his mind, if he was a diva he'd be saying something about Davis right then and there.

11. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

You know what Michael Crabtree could be such a diva that even real divas call him a diva but at the end of the day all he needs to do is produce as a NFL WR and nobody will give a heck.

12. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I wouldn't have to if you guys knew what a diva was in the first place. Of course I was pissed at him, if one of the best of the draft falls to you, you'd be freaking pissed too....he's part of the team, he had a great year for coming in late and I hope he kicks some major ass, is he my favorite player,no....but if he runs his butt off he might become my favorite...lol

13. SRW

Means to an end. Crabtree need to learn what price it takes to be that good. Once he gets that he'll be ok because you can't deny the natural talent.

14. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Yeah but even at that, I think a guy can be eccentric to the point of being weird and still have a work ethic. Now if all this other stuff is holding back his game and he needs to figure it out then yeah I agree.

TO is a weird hecker but he works out like a beast, just for example.

15. SRW

Yeah but T.O. is a cancer for what he says, not his play (even though it's dropped big time). Crabtree hasn't had to pay the price before and let his talent do all the work. The 49ers just need him to give his effort all the time just as hard to take the step up. He's still a kid learning to be a man. Sometimes you have to smack the puppy on the nose with a newspaper.

16. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Well if that is the case then yeah I feel what you are saying.

17. SRW

Now the one that needs a smack is Davis for trying to heck with Crabtree. I am sure the Samurai took care of that one. He just chose his time and did it all ninja and crap.

18. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

I do kinda feel like the "TO is cancer" line gets overplayed though. I've followed the NFL long before he came around and obviously during his career and while yeah he says/does some dumb crap at times, I can't say I ever truly have felt like he has deep sixed anyone's season. I think he makes a convenient scapegoat for crap. Not to say I'm absolving him of all guilt for anything that has happened but it isn't like when he leaves a team that the team suddenly becomes some lovey kissy paradise where everyone loves each other and bonds as a team. In fact most of the time the team becomes worse. I can't say SF, Philly, Dallas or Buffalo has benefited at all from his exit.

19. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Davis once tried to pick a fight with Larry freaking Allen. Larry "I bench press 700 LBs" Allen. Tells me all I need to know about Vernon Davis