Bears C Olin Kreutz Calls Goal-Line Failures 'Embarrasing'

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Sep 12, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Bears center Olin Kreutz was satisfied with a victory to start his 13th NFL season, but he wasn't thrilled with the offense's inability to move the ball 18 inches on four tries after Lance Briggs forced a Lions fumble and recovered it inside the 1-yard line. "That's man-on-man and Detroit beat us," Kreutz said. "As an o-line, that's extremely embarrassing, one of the embarrassing parts of this game, and we understand that. But we don't want to take credit away from Detroit either. They kicked our (butt) down there, and that's something we have to remedy as an offensive line. Down there you just have to go 1-on-1 with your guy and get under him and move your feet because really it's a battle of wills at the goalline. Your coach can't really help you down there. There's not very many things you can do down there, just line up and get half a yard." Kreutz downplayed his block earlier in the game that was a key in springing Matt Forte after he caught a screen pass that turned into an 89-yard TD. "People can talk about the block all they want, but Matt outran like seven guys," Kreutz said. "That's my job on that play. That's what they asked me to do, and that's what I did."

Source: Daily Herald

2. rodman

rodman Rookie

Olin Kreutz

Olin is a standup guy, always has been. The offensive line play was embarassing, they had all kinds of help all day and still got Cutler sacked 4 times.

3. Underground Dyer

Underground Dyer Chicago Bears Know-It-All

I would say that three out of Detroit's four sacks yesterday were coverage sacks. Detroit was putting good pressure on Cutler, but he had time to throw the ball more times than not. I am happy to watch him take a sack instead of him trying to thread the needle and get it picked off like he did so many times last year.

4. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

5. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

It's not the pass blocking that'll sink this team...at least not early in the year. They aren't sterling by any means but it's the horrid run blocking that's going to have teams feasting on the Bears being forced to try to win in the air.

Won't be the last time you hear a Bear lineman utter the phrase "It's embarrassing". That's the only thing they practiced last year they were good at...

6. Kreutz is a great player and an even better leader and not being able to score on the goal line is embarrassing.