Steelers Unsure Of Next Week's Starting QB

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Sweets, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

A knee injury to Dennis Dixon on Sunday has thrown the Pittsburgh Steelers' QB situation into further disarray. Dixon suffered a knee injury that knocked him out of a 19-11 win in Tennessee on Sunday. Veteran Charlie Batch (considered fourth on the depth chart in training camp) replaced him. WR Antwaan Randle El was the Steelers' emergency QB, but Tomlin said that Dixon could have "handed the ball off to finish the game" if necessary. The Steelers had released QB Byron Leftwich, who's also dealing with a knee injury, on Saturday, though he is expected to rejoin them early this week, and the starter on Sunday? "I don't know who is going to play quarterback," Tomlin said. "I know it won't be me. I'm not good enough."

Source: USAToday

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

That's debatable. I wonder if Tomlin's sunglasses are prescription...did he see Batch play? Did he look at 7 turnovers and see Batch's stat line of 5 for 11 for 25 yards?

Sunday further confirmed what everyone should already know. Charlie Batch is NO LONGER an NFL QB.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

I gotta laugh at the people who suggested Batch over Dixon...

4. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

I guess the O-line being rather dinged up and non starters had nothing to do with Batch's showing either. right?

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

NOt saying I prefer either of them, but the Titans D isn't anything to snicker at either and having the hounds released with a less than mobile QB behind center is disastrous on a good day. Charlie is adequate. Think. We could have Seneca Wallace or Brady Quinn.

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Byron>

6. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

batch was terrible...i have no idea hows hes still a pro athlete...he was throwing ducks into tight coverage to be swatted away

batch to randle el....man does tomlin know how to build a roster, that crap is some electrifying mediocrity

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

For no gain...:Gosteelers:

No doubt that Sanders and/or Brown should be ahead of Randle El. He's no better than a 4 on this roster right now...

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

i literally lol'd at the go steelers smiley after that...PBUTTION

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

Let's look at the bright side on that play. Batch completed a pbutt. Randle El caught a pbutt. It's progress.

Me, I'm looking forward to Leftwich, Dixon or Tomlin returning to the starting line up.

10. Crowned

I'm still not even positive any of them are healthy enough, If Byron can go though I'd love to see him play his old team, he has to know some things about that defense. Will Allen can share some things as well.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Sounds like the Dixon injury is pretty serious. Possibly a torn lateral meniscus cartilage. Possibly out 3 weeks...maybe more.

12. Crowned

If Leftwich is good enough to go and it's Batch who starts I'm going to flip my freaking lid.

13. 86WARD

86WARD -

Dixon's getting a second opinion on Tuesday.

Leftwich has got to be ready to go...