Jason Garrett Says Cowboys Need To Run The Ball Better

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by SRW, Sep 20, 2010.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sunday's game was close throughout, yet the Cowboys gave up on the running game. Marion Barber logged five carries for 27 yards in the first quarter and over the final three quarters, he had four attempts for 4 yards while Felix Jones only gained 7 yards on seven carries. As a team, Dallas finished with 36 yards on 20 carries. Tony Romo attempted 51 passes. Afterward, offensive coordinator Jason Garrett pointed to poor execution rather than a lack of commitment to the running game. "We need to run it better," Garrett said. Head coach Wade Phillips backed him up. "We got hit in the backfield too many times," Phillips said. "We had a lot of negative plays in the running game."

Source: San Antonio Express News

2. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, for starters, stop calling only 14 running plays per game, genius!!! :banghead:

3. SRW

I say Jason Garrett needs to learn how to run an offense.

4. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Seriously...we have 3 RBs who would be starters in any other team, and we don't use them!!

He insists on playing a spread offense, and get everyone involved and happy. Maybe he didn't get the memo about us releasing T.O.

5. SRW

Yeah it's like....the crutch is gone. Time to man up.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

What about last week when we were gashing Washington and just stopped running

We were having our way with Washingtons front 7 and just decided to start throwing short pass's

7. SRW

Amazing....you have to blame Wade Phillips too though for letting it ride. Man up Wade, demand more. The nice guy technique isn't working.

8. Jihad Joe

Phillips/Garrett static is reportely becoming an issue

There is also rumors that Garretts losing the offense

9. SRW

Starting to lose the offense? At this point who besides his boy Romo has any faith? I can name three running backs who are fed up with the crap.

10. Jihad Joe

Supposedly its Romo he's losing

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, in that case I hope Romo takes his inner Peyton Manning and just starts calling audibles on every play.

12. SRW

Well, that's Romo feeling the heat as well. Martellus Bennett is nobody to say anything but he was the first to chirp in the public.

13. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Martellus Bennett is a snitch and should get his mouth taped...we're hecked if Witten misses any time.

14. SRW

15. The Sith

The Sith 1st Stringer

it's tone for a new offensive co-ordinator...everyh team knows our running plays...the bears knew exactly where the runner was going garretts offensive is to predictable.

16. The Mullet

The Mullet Reptile Guru

So, Garrett isn't the next great HC?

17. SRW

Maybe in the CFL.

18. Agent Zero

Agent Zero I rode the short bus

I live in Dallas and listen to local sports talk radio every day. And I have not heard anything like this.. Where did you hear that???

19. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Rookie

Better not upset the "beast" (Jerry Jones) for once he begins to feed (starts cutting jobs) no one on the team is safe. Cowboys BETTER end up in that SB down there or the whole team could be on death row. Good chance of going 0-3 here next week.... looks like another episode of Cowboy Chaos brewing up this year... ouch !

20. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

Agreed. However, a "soft" coach can't become a hard-ass just like that. The players just won't take him seriously.