Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles Acknowledges He's The Backup

Discussion in 'Kansas City Chiefs' started by BigBlueBruiser, Sep 20, 2010.

1. The Chiefs' young and talented rusher Jamaal Charles had half as many carries as Thomas Jones, and Charles didn't touch the ball until the team's third possession. In Kansas City's locker room, Charles acknowledged for the first time that he is the Chiefs' backup running back. That Jones is the starter and that Charles has come to terms with his role. "I don't have any complaints," he said. "Hey, man, as long as we win games around here, it doesn't matter to me." Charles is saying the right things, and he appears to mean it, too. But the Chiefs can't keep this up forever.

Source: Kansas City Star

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
  2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

This is why I don't like Haley.

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

before the season, we had this discussion and my theory was that i don't think the chiefs feel he can take a lot of wear and tear. i still believe that theory but i'm adding a twist that the chiefs would like to also save charles for november/december in case of a playoff run.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

True, but 12 carries is pathetic, not to mention but they keep him on the bench and don't establish him early enough.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  5. The dude had the most yards in NFL history last year with under 200 carries.

I take Charles over Jacobs in a heartbeat.

6. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

If there's anything that I hate Haley over, it's this. Every time someone mentions this situation to him, he throws this "everyone has their part on the 53-man roster" blah blah blah. No offense to Jones, but I hope he does nothing against the 49ers and Haley sees how stupid he's being.

7. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO MY FANTASY TEAM?!

8. shinoff2183

shinoff2183 Rookie

I got charles to, Im debating on looking for another back. I was wandering why I didnt really see him sunday.

9. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

I'd get one asap. It's clear that Haley serious issues with Charles, since he keeps starting Jones and his 3.5 ypc.

10. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

i hope they only give him half the carries when they face us, charles is a beast. Jones is a solid back but there is no way he should be getting more carries than charles.

11. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

1) all the chiefs fans are freaking out about this in k.c. too ....... don't read too much into it ......... it's a wear and tear/fresh legs issue ....... they want him later in the season ....... the smart chiefs fans should actually be less concerned with which running back is getting more carries in September and MORE concerned with why Haley and Weis are refusing to use the play-action pass to try and help their o-line, QB, and WR's in the passing game ........ it's just dumb

2) when pressed on the issue of JC, haley is telling the media that it is actually carthon's decision of which running backs get playing time ...................

12. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

heard today that Charles showed some frustration coming out of the Browns game and Carthon absolutely laid into him. Supposedly one of the other players was embarrassed for Charles. Apparently it was pretty humiliating for Charles. If this is true it makes me sick to my stomach to think that the coaching staff is trying to humiliate our biggest weapon on offense.

13. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

Whoever is in charge of Charles' playing time is the one that needs to be laid into.

14. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

i dont mind with the carries being split up. but what concerns me is when none of it is working to help our offense to stay on the field.

15. Three7s

Three7s 1st Stringer

The problem is that they aren't being split up like they should. Charles is getting about 25% of the touches that he SHOULD be getting! It's not hard to figure out that if we gave Charles the ball, at least, 5 more times per game, we would be MUCH better on offense!